Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rifle Carry Question

Re: Rifle Carry Question

I use a Magpul RLS 1-1/4” sling. https://www.cabelas.ca/product/125941/magpul-rls-sling. It’s light weight, simple and cheap. You can also you it as a shooting aid.https://artoftherifle.com/using-the-...ssential-sling
    I mostly carry my rifle in my hand.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

Kifaru gun bearer is my go to. Allows for quick access to the rifle while leaving your hands completely free for trekking poles or scrambling up steep stuff. It took a bit of tinkering with the setup until I was content with the position under my arm

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc View Post
    I use the stone glacier quick release pretty much all the time now.....super quick to get the rifle into action, never had any incidents of it coming loose etc. if its not in the quick release carrier, its in my hands....never even run a sling at all anymore...even pulled off the sling studs and ran a couple set screws in flush. This is for a couple hour morning hunt or a full day jaunt...same either way.
    Love my SG but having to take the pack off to re-attach the gun is more than a pain.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Love my SG but having to take the pack off to re-attach the gun is more than a pain.
    Have you guys tried taking the top strap off the SG setup and wrapping it around the loop in your shoulder strap and running the rifle in front carry like the Gun Bearer?
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Have you guys tried taking the top strap off the SG setup and wrapping it around the loop in your shoulder strap and running the rifle in front carry like the Gun Bearer?
    I've run the SG bottom and Kiraru top piece but depending on the type of hunting, open terrain, it's nice not to have the barrel in your face. I've now got the Creative Outdoors rifle sling and it seems to be the best of both worlds.

https://www.creativeoutdoorsmt.com/products/slik-sling
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    I've run the SG bottom and Kiraru top piece but depending on the type of hunting, open terrain, it's nice not to have the barrel in your face. I've now got the Creative Outdoors rifle sling and it seems to be the best of both worlds.

https://www.creativeoutdoorsmt.com/products/slik-sling
    Interesting. I do the same as you did before. I run mine behind the shoulder or infront depending on terrain and distance etc. The barrel never really bothered me much.

That sling is an interesting design
    WSSBC
    CCFR

I'm an old infantry soldier...I just carry it in my hands...

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Stone Glacier rifle sling on my Exo. You can run it in rear or forward carry. Similar to the Gun Bearer
    Hey Whit, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of this in both positions on your Exo, really curious as i too have been struggling with this issue.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Hey Whit, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of this in both positions on your Exo, really curious as i too have been struggling with this issue.
    Craig,
    I am also curious about this set up.

thanks
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    Craig,
    I am also curious about this set up.

thanks
    Chuck
    Linksman I'll send you a PM.

Chuck I'll text you a photo. Just waiting to get my rifle back from Reliable.
    WSSBC
    CCFR