Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATV activity near critical Fraser River fish habitat alarms conservationists

ATV activity near critical Fraser River fish habitat alarms conservationists

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ATV activity near critical Fraser River fish habitat alarms conservationists

Time to do a major crackdown. The penalties need to be raised to lay a serious hurt on those hooligans.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Re: ATV activity near critical Fraser River fish habitat alarms conservationists

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    Time to do a major crackdown. The penalties need to be raised to lay a serious hurt on those hooligans.
    How about some education for those people,or put a no vehicle restriction in the area. These fellows just seem young and uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter gatherer View Post
    How about some education for those people,or put a no vehicle restriction in the area. These fellows just seem young and uninformed.

you know usually I’d agree with that point of view, but after watching the video.. besides the first scene with the children who may not actually know better, but I guarantee the parents who drove them there did..
    then all the guys in the trucks? How the **** can two people be so redneck and low IQ that they could possibly breed and achieve something as backwater and stupid as a grown ass man who “doesn’t realize” racing their moms truck through a god damn river is a bad idea... probably the same morons that then go buy a 12 pack beat their girlfriend on the drive over to fish the same river and bitch they don’t catch anything.
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 02-08-2021 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter gatherer View Post
    Most of these young uninformed people are in their 40s,the person that used the drone to video is the husband of a cop. All of those dodges are part of a local Ram club, the admin of rhe Facebook group has gone and made it private and is keeping anyone from posting g about it, they're all old enough to know better,it's just all about likes and views these days

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Most of these young uninformed people are in their 40s,the person that used the drone to video is the husband of a cop. All of those dodges are part of a local Ram club, the admin of rhe Facebook group has gone and made it private and is keeping anyone from posting g about it, they're all old enough to know better,it's just all about likes and views these days

and that there is the icing on the cake if true.. though can’t say any of it surprises me.. for once I’m on the side of the activists, take all the tools trucks away maybe even their license.
    hopefully a call to the RAPP line and the local COs could probably put some names to vehicles pretty quickly.
    I’d wager this falls under the definition of polluter.

I just watched it. I am not familiar with that area and yes, education and signage is always helpful.

But I think you would have to be pretty naive to or outright assume you aren't doing some sort of damage running trucks through these channels on the Fraser. Come on, all rivers in BC are fish habitat and there have been no shortage of news articles recently about trouble with the Fraser runs.

If these are spawning beds as the one fellow stated, shouldn't be to hard for the authorities to investigate and take follow on action and hopefully prosecute accordingly.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 02-08-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    I just watched it. I am not familiar with that area and yes, education and signage is always helpful.

But I think you would have to be pretty naive to or outright assume you aren't doing some sort of damage running trucks through these channels on the Fraser. Come on, all rivers in BC are fish habitat and there have been no shortage of news articles recently about trouble with the Fraser runs.

If these are spawning beds as the one fellow stated, shouldn't be to hard for the authorities to investigate and take follow on action and hopefully prosecute accordingly.

aren’t the sturgeon present down there, aren’t they protected ? I doubt they dodge the water logs.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    aren’t the sturgeon present down there, aren’t they protected ? I doubt they dodge the water logs.
    ??????I know very little about the Fraser and what species are where and when. Still wouldn't drive a truck or ATV in any of it.

Damage to Chum and Pink salmon Redds. Which are Spawning sites in my limited knowledge !
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 02-08-2021 at 10:26 AM.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !