Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quads

Re: Quads

I have kicked the shit outta my Honda, bought new in 04.
    Still reliable and has never made me walk out, or hitch a ride.

I’m riding a 2020 570 Polaris Sportsman, check out Spectra PowerSports in Williams lake, they will blow away the price of all the other makes and models, so much so even if it does break down like the other brand fan boys on here will claim, you could rebuild it twice with what you save in comparison.

personally I put 3000km on it in the first couple months exploring BC, and the only issue I had with it is when a rock got stuck in the fan and it got hot and I had a stick flip up tear out a light and that blew a fuse... it rides insanely comfortably and I’ve yet to find something it can’t do within my riding comfort and it only a 570, tops out well over 100km/hr if it’s not loaded down... damn thing even fits snuggly in my ‘17 Colorado crew cab short box.

I definitely don’t have the experience with brands some of the guys on here do but if I can save 25-30 percent over equal quads of other brands, buy a made in North America product and have next to no issues after riding it hard and for long long days and already putting more KM on it than some have on their decade old machine... id say they are at least worth considering.
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 02-08-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Glad to hear that you have put down your knitting needles and getting back outside, Swede.

Will also be in the market for a newer (or possible new) ATV in the next year or so.

Want something that may be able to push tracks without being under-powered. Power steering will be a must.

Currently running an 08 Brute Force 750. It’s higher mileage but picked it up cheap. Love the snappy power when playing in the spring snow. Anyone running a newer one?

We are leaning towards an Outlander 2up. Just not sure how big to go? My better half will also be riding it.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Theres a big difference in quads with IRS vs SRA, in handling and maintenance
    IMO more important than brand
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Could you briefly spell out the pros and cons of each ?
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Theres a big difference in quads with IRS vs SRA, in handling and maintenance
    IMO more important than brand
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Honda Rubicon 500 with IRS, diff lock, power steering, and no drive belts to replace.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Stone Sheep Steve, if you wanna spin tracks, get as much HP as you can. My son bought a '19 outlander max 1000, 91 HP, and it spins the tracks quite well. My '13 outlander 1000 is stock 84 HP, and it does well with the tracks as well. If you are going to strictly ride snow with your tracks, take a look at the back country ones for the Can Ams. Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Glad to hear that you have put down your knitting needles and getting back outside, Swede.
    SSS
    lol yeah who’d of thought the macrame banana hammocks would take off like I thought they would

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Another vote for Honda 500..
    Srupp
    OLD Men drive ride Hondas because there Slow ! lol RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post

Will also be in the market for a newer (or possible new) ATV in the next year or so.

Want something that may be able to push tracks without being under-powered. Power steering will be a must.

Currently running an 08 Brute Force 750. It’s higher mileage but picked it up cheap. Love the snappy power when playing in the spring snow. Anyone running a newer one?

We are leaning towards an Outlander 2up. Just not sure how big to go? My better half will also be riding it.

SSS
    Outlander 2up has the most comfortable passenger seat on the market. I’m running an 800 with lots of power, even with my wife/all gear and towing my trailer with a moose. General run around reliability, you can’t argue with Japanese products, especially Honda’s no belt hydraulic trans.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.