Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quads

Re: Quads

Another vote for Honda 500..
    Srupp

Once you ride a big Can Am (and get used to it) it is pretty tough to go back to anything else. Ride quality and power delivery is unmatched.

That said, you have to pay a lot more attention to what you are doing in technical terrain with that much power under your thumb. The 650 still generates a ton of jam, it just doesn't come on as hard or as fast as the big machines. I have always been fairly impressed with a buddy's 650 in what it will do and how easy it is to ride compared to my slightly modded 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    I have a 2016 Sportsman 570 SP ESP - My son has a Sportsman 800 -- The 570 is nearly as fast and gets TWICE as good fuel mileage ! RJ
    Is that with YOU in front, or HIM in front?

That makes a difference. If a smaller machine in leading the pack then big bikes tend to be driven at lower RPM's and burn LESS fuel covering the same distances....

Go with another Yamaha. Love my Grizzly 700. Super reliable. Pulled out several moose with it.

If you dont want to buy new, I have a 2013 Yamaha Kodiak 450 that I will be selling in about a months time. Comes with a 3000lb winch, front cargo cage, back cargo box, snow plow and removable windshield. Windshield has 20km. Oh also just put brand new tires on it too. Tires only have 20km on them too (thats 20km in the snow. Have never been on gravel). Only selling as I have a new SideXSide. PM for more details.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Do it right and buy an import. Yamaha or honda. Honda is old tech but reliable. Yamaha is new tech, reliable, smooth ride and made for tough terrain.
    Hunting the promised land

I'd go with a honda.

Quote Originally Posted by the swede View Post
    looking to get a new atv, i previously owned a 2002 yamaha kodiak 400. What should i be looking at in 2021?
    the new kodiak 450 with power steering is sweet,,have one in my shop,,great bike,,for $6400 brand new

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Once you ride a big Can Am (and get used to it) it is pretty tough to go back to anything else. Ride quality and power delivery is unmatched.

That said, you have to pay a lot more attention to what you are doing in technical terrain with that much power under your thumb. The 650 still generates a ton of jam, it just doesn't come on as hard or as fast as the big machines. I have always been fairly impressed with a buddy's 650 in what it will do and how easy it is to ride compared to my slightly modded 1000.
    I ride with a Buddy who has a 2020 650 Can Am - My 2016 Polaris 570 and his 650 Can am are NECK and Neck in a Race !
    The Can Am is a VERY Nice Quad BUT it should be as they are EXPENSIVE - RJ

I ride a can Am 650 XT Max, three stage power steering. Ride's really nice, smooth and quiet. Seems like I'm the one always towing my buddies back to camp on their Yamaha's.