Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trolling motor question

Re: Trolling motor question

Second this, 40lb with the maximizer is the way to go. I have owned many minkottas over the years and the maximizer with the variable control over the 5 clicks is great

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    A 40 would be perfect for a 1040. I use a 45 on mine and it is great. Make sure you buy the Minn Kota Endura Max motor. The Endura Max has a built in maximizer. It will run up to 5 x longer on a charge than the base Endura model. The 40 lb is around $300 at Can Tire.

Minn Kota 40 pounds Endura Max is what I use. No clicks which is a pain. Bought a 3rd party 3 blade prop. That makes a huge difference. Can’t wait to gets the grandkids out this coming spring.

I had a 30 that used to get pushed around when the wind picked up - and that's the only time I found I would troll.

I've never complained once with my 40 Maximizer.

One more question for anyone still following this thread. What do you use to recharge your boat batteries while spending multiple days in the bush?

At first I had a little yellow 1000 watt inverter genny. I used it with a 10 amp Delco smart charger. Delco had just sold the name. I ended giving up on the charger and the genny gave up on me. Now I have a 2400 watt Yammy and proper Schumacker smart charger.

If you want to lengthen the cable, say put the battery in the front, for balance, how will the longer cable affect power? Could you add 2 sets of Anderson connectors with say 8 gauge wire and still be ok?
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    If you want to lengthen the cable, say put the battery in the front, for balance, how will the longer cable affect power? Could you add 2 sets of Anderson connectors with say 8 gauge wire and still be ok?
    Thats what I did with my Mariner 3.

Works great!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    there is a chart on the Minkota site for that,
    My 30 lb to extend 10 ft only needs 8 awg
    they do recommend using a circuit breaker
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Found a Ytube for a device called a PCM motor control, to give infinite variable speed control
    great, it answers my problem with building a power extension plus a remote located speed control, the bonus of giving better efficiency. Win Win
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rvyhwe51ls
    parts are economical too
    https://www.amazon.com/ICQUANZX-Cont...orward-Reverse
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Is there better batteries to us than just the normal deep cycle Costco specials