Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will a night light discourage G-bears?

Re: Will a night light discourage G-bears?

If you leave a night light on you’ll get all the bears that are scared of the dark hanging around. Better off with an alarm or if you really need it and electric fence.

Bears aren’t really nocturnal in the wild. Garbage bears are a different story. After you sleep in a tent a few times in bear country the worried ness goes away.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Pack alarm.

Here’s a simple alarm that you can use for different scenarios.

Take a shot gun shell, cut the top off and remove the shot.

Buy a rat trap and drill a hole to accept the shell.

Fasten the trap somewhere with some screws.

Use some fishing line and some imagination!

Caution, might cause a heart attack!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I'm gonna say no based on the following story. Was on a moose hunting trip with my father some years ago. We had a draw in region 6 and got our bull down on day 2 of the trip. The area we were hunting was close to region 7 and we had days to kill so after cleaning quartering and hanging our moose we opted to spend a few days driving into region 7 in the hopes of finding a 2-point to fill our 2nd tag. Upon returning to camp a couple evenings later we could see that the tarp covering our meat and one of the game bags had been torn and there were some bites taken out of one quarter. We cleaned things up and rehung the tarp and thought about how to keep the bear from returning. We decided to leave out truck running with the headlights on highbeam pointed at the meat all night thinking that the noise and light we deter the bear from returning. It did not, sometime during the night the bear returned and took his fill off one of the quarters while we slept only 50 yards away with just a thin sheet of canvas separating us from a feeding grizzly. After surveying the carnage in the morning we thought it best to cut the trip short and head home that day. The weigh in at the butch showed an approximately 70lb difference in the weight between the quarter he fed on and the opposite one he didn't. Needless to say I've got a really loud alarm rigged to a trip wire below a much higher game pole that's further away from our tent.

BDD

after losing a deer to a griz right off the meat pole we set up a propane lamp and moved the pole right next to camp..it still came back every night but stayed in the shadows ...if it had moved out from the shadows into the light, between the dog barking and my partner blasting the shotgun the rest of the meat survived

Quote Originally Posted by .330 Dakota View Post
    Voted Liberal didnt Ya,,LMAO====SORRY
    Government always knows and cares. We should trust all our political agents and institutions, as doubting them would decrease their effectiveness in helping us.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Government always knows and cares. We should trust all our political agents and institutions, as doubting them would decrease their effectiveness in helping us.
    Very dry sense of humor,,I love it

You might try blasting a little Ozzie or Alice, that'll clear them out! Not Patsy or Willie, that brings them in.

Muzzle flash works pretty good

Based on the bears around my place, I'd say they are curious about lights. Cougars too.