Thread: Gstove?

Gstove?

Has anyone on here purchased one of these stoves and get good feedback on them they look well-built but they're quite expensive

https://gstove-canada.com/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Gstove?

I have the G stove XL, very well built unit, beautiful welds, I also got the pipe damper (should be standard and not an accessory imo) and I have been very happy with it

I was skeptical at first, as I read some articles that stainless is not a good steel choice for a wood stove, poor conductor and higher thermal expansion...but the stove has performed great, the stove is very efficient, i can easily cook myself out of my tent at -30, had it a fully year now and no cracked welds or any other issues to report....it does get discoloured after use but that still looks good, better than a rusty stove

if you are buying any accessories, the chimney damper is a must....the pipe cleaner and the dust pan they sell are over priced...pipe cleaner is too short for my liking but I guess they designed it to fit inside the stove/pipe pieces for transport....the dustpan they sell is tiny, it fits inside the door of the stove, but the stove already comes with a scraper anyways, i was expecting a nice folding dust pan for general clean up duties but it is way too small to be useful for anything
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    I have the G stove XL, very well built unit, beautiful welds, I also got the pipe damper (should be standard and not an accessory imo) and I have been very happy with it

I was skeptical at first, as I read some articles that stainless is not a good steel choice for a wood stove, poor conductor and higher thermal expansion...but the stove has performed great, the stove is very efficient, i can easily cook myself out of my tent at -30, had it a fully year now and no cracked welds or any other issues to report....it does get discoloured after use but that still looks good, better than a rusty stove

if you are buying any accessories, the chimney damper is a must....the pipe cleaner and the dust pan they sell are over priced...pipe cleaner is too short for my liking but I guess they designed it to fit inside the stove/pipe pieces for transport....the dustpan they sell is tiny, it fits inside the door of the stove, but the stove already comes with a scraper anyways, i was expecting a nice folding dust pan for general clean up duties but it is way too small to be useful for anything
    Hi do you know the weight of the stove with all the stove pipe I'm trying to figure out if it's a good stove to take on a fly in moose hunt or if it's too heavy

Here is my fly in stove model, and sled use in winter, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...166e4c4dn9oea8 packs up small and is 5 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    Hi do you know the weight of the stove with all the stove pipe I'm trying to figure out if it's a good stove to take on a fly in moose hunt or if it's too heavy
    it's right around 25 lbs, I can get the precise weight tonight

depends how much other gear you're packing I guess, but there are much lighter options for a fly in
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster