Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Complaints about Ladner swamp brewing in the Delta Optimist

Re: Complaints about Ladner swamp brewing in the Delta Optimist

There’s Karens everywhere

Police follow department policy. 100% they don't want to be following up on every lost cat, neighbour dispute or other penny ante bs such as some ignoramus not aware that hunting is legal. If you consider this harassment then the people to complain to are the ones creating that policy and ultimately police follow their political masters who people in the city elect. So instead of laying this on the officers, go up the chain and tell Delta council that it is wasting the precious police time. Let the COs or NROs deal with license and permit enforcement. BTW there is also a committee that discusses hunting on Delta and it meets twice yearly - some local groups may already be represented on it. That would be a good place to start.

^^^^^ Silveragent gets it! Thanks, K

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Police follow department policy. 100% they don't want to be following up on every lost cat, neighbour dispute or other penny ante bs such as some ignoramus not aware that hunting is legal. If you consider this harassment then the people to complain to are the ones creating that policy and ultimately police follow their political masters who people in the city elect. So instead of laying this on the officers, go up the chain and tell Delta council that it is wasting the precious police time. Let the COs or NROs deal with license and permit enforcement. BTW there is also a committee that discusses hunting on Delta and it meets twice yearly - some local groups may already be represented on it. That would be a good place to start.

Officers have discretion when attending and those taking the call also have discretion.
    When Karen calls and says: "I see two men with guns in camouflage in the Delta marsh walking into the fields, I don't think thats right", the 911 operator could say:
    "Is this between x and y street?"
    "Yes"
    "Mam, it's a hunting ground and it's ok, it's hunting season between months of x and y"

Now when you get repeat calls about something like that you kind of put it on a list in a database that says for this question, this is the answer.
    You warn operators about frequent calls between months x and y in area a and b.
    So operators, who also don't know hunting seasons, gun laws, etc can quickly answer those questions.

Some people compain about robots taking their jobs saying "Robots can't think and make decisions".
    We already have robots who can't think and make decisions.

I could have swallowed your answer without cheweing 50 years ago, but today after 50 seasons of this, not so much.

But because we don't have the CPU to think and elect people who think, it will be much easier for city councils to ban the activity altogether to prevent waste of resources and constant complaints.
    All anti hunting groups have to do is increase the number of calls to police.
    911 operators have to answer every call, but they don't have to dispatch police on every call.

Most people don't even understand that we will lose many gun ranges in LML in the next 10 years.
    They are all under threat.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by THE SWEDE View Post
    There’s Karens everywhere
    HEY
    long time!

^^^^WOW, the more you talk the more dumb shit falls out! So, let's leave it up to the 911 operator to be the deciding factor here, is that what you're saying?? Firstly, you're assuming that all the Karens call 911, I would bet most call delta non-emergency, so let's train up a bunch more operators on where and when people can hunt! I called you out because of the remark about the cops being the morons here but now I'm not so sure who really is! As I stated already, The City of Delta, which our force works for, have been told to attend to ALL calls, I'm pretty certain the officers don't like the mandate but it's not their call. K

There are morons on both sides of these public land use issues. Not unlike many antihunters who make baseless accusations and statements, some hunters would be better off to keep their mouths shut.

Trying to fight ignorance with increased emotion and more ignorance gets you no where. Often times, just makes matters worse.

Engage other land users when you are hunting these areas. Have respectful dialog. Probably find most dont have an issue with hunting but also dont understand it.

Write letters "not emails" to local politicians and city council members. Ask if they will entertain a phone call or meeting to discuss these issues. Even better if you are a group of hunters sharing a common concern in regards to public land use. Participate in land use meetings whenever you can.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 02-03-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    ^^^^WOW, the more you talk the more dumb shit falls out! So, let's leave it up to the 911 operator to be the deciding factor here, is that what you're saying?? Firstly, you're assuming that all the Karens call 911, I would bet most call delta non-emergency, so let's train up a bunch more operators on where and when people can hunt! I called you out because of the remark about the cops being the morons here but now I'm not so sure who really is! As I stated already, The City of Delta, which our force works for, have been told to attend to ALL calls, I'm pretty certain the officers don't like the mandate but it's not their call. K

I should rephrase 911 operator doesn't make any decisions, they just redirect calls.
    But non-emergency operators have discretion whether they will send police to attend or not.
    And they are trained, yes.

So tell me then, who is a moron for sending police to non-issues?
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I should rephrase 911 operator doesn't make any decisions, they just redirect calls.
    But non-emergency operators have discretion whether they will send police to attend or not.
    And they are trained, yes.

So tell me then, who is a moron for sending police to non-issues?
    Nevermind, you're never going to get it as obviously your reading comprehension really sucks! K

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    There are morons on both sides of these public land use issues. Not unlike many antihunters who make baseless accusations and statements, some hunters would be better off to keep their mouths shut.

Trying to fight ignorance with increased emotion and more ignorance gets you no where. Often times, just makes matters worse.

Engage other land users when you are hunting these areas. Have respectful dialog. Probably find most dont have an issue with hunting but also dont understand it.

Write letters "not emails" to local politicians and city council members. Ask if they will entertain a phone call or meeting to discuss these issues. Even better if you are a group of hunters sharing a common concern in regards to public land use. Participate in land use meetings whenever you can.
    Very true Ron, sometimes hunters are their worst enemy! I've had many interactions with the public and the police while waterfowling and very few have been confrontational. Try launching a punt at some of our launches in Boundary Bay and I will promise you somebody will say something. I've found that if you be respectful and explain what you're doing most people just carry on. K