Thread: Complaints about Ladner swamp brewing in the Delta Optimist

Threaded View

Re: Complaints about Ladner swamp brewing in the Delta Optimist

I've said it elsewhere before. I've been going there for six+ years often almost every weekend (and last year twice or three times a week) and I've never had any overtly negative interaction with the general public. At the most I may have seen a dirty look but I'm not forcing someone to like what I do. In contrast, I've received more than a few well wishes or curious questions about what I am taking out which I am happy to spend a minute or two educating someone about.

One time at Boundary I had a lady overtly shield her gaze from the sight of my bringing out two Canadas on the dyke. Again, I can't force someone to like what I do; I can only ask that they allow me mine and they can have theirs. Aside from that, zero hate in the field. It doesn't mean it does not exist, only that those who are opposed to what we are doing will save it for dumb complaints like this or letter writing.

We can't run from engaging with the public if we want to preserve our tradition. If we don't speak the facts, they will distort reality for others.
    Last edited by silveragent; 02-03-2021 at 06:22 PM.