Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shooting sticks / tripods / bipods

Re: Shooting sticks / tripods / bipods

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Good video on YouTube, "home-made shooting sticks" fella uses a couple lengths of dowel
    and a Prussik knot. Make your own length sticks and only cost about 10 bucks. Can slide the knot and adjust the position.
    Thanks, I'll check it out. It sounds great.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I've made a few sets, they work really well. I use hiking poles onots of trips but not when I'm still hunting for whitetail/mulies in semi
    bush/open country, these I can have in my pack with tips sticking out either side, then pull them.out when needed.
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Meant to say on lots of trips...lol
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I've made a few sets, they work really well. I use hiking poles onots of trips but not when I'm still hunting for whitetail/mulies in semi
    bush/open country, these I can have in my pack with tips sticking out either side, then pull them.out when needed.
    Very cool video. I like the way the knot can be moved around as needed.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I sent my primos trigger stick back to primos, mine was broken, sent it in 3 pieces, well my new 3rd gen stick arrives this week, great warranty from them, as this was my fault breaking mine, good company to just send me a new 3 gen model.

I used the triple leg Primos trigger sticks .They are a bit heavy but worked really well.The quickly adjustable height is a huge feature .They go with me everywhere now.
    My hunting partner used them to take a deer at 390 yds .Put his back against a tree combined with the trigger sticks and was successful.Says it was rock steady .I was able to try them out to 400 yds with the same method and held a4 inch group.
    Bonus was we used them combined with a Waterski rope handle to drag the deer out .We just put the rope in the notch of the trigger stick, set the height and used it as a lever to get the head and shoulders over the dead fall .Worked slick never broke a sweat .Long drag back thru a burn .Needless to say he now has a set as well .