Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
Not everyone brings home the same pay cheque. You have to work within your own personal budget.
I would consider myself serious hunter. It is pretty much all I think about. I hunted about 70 days last season. I spend what I can justify. I have made upgrades to all my gear since I started hunting. I don’t mind doing it. As you use your gear you get to know what you like and don’t like. So when you do upgrade you know what you are after. That goes for optics, rifles, packs, boots....etc, etc. One thing I’ve learned is there is always a satisfied feeling when you make that upgrade. It’s fun to do! It’s a natural progression.
I am running with Nikon Monarch 7 binos and the Vortex Viper 15-45x65 spotter. I am satisfied with both and use the hell out of both. They are likely not the last of either of these that I will own.
One thing I will offer as advice is don’t buy an entry level spotting scope. They don’t do what you want them to. You’ll only be frustrated with it.
Well put! This is good advice for anyone starting out.

"Buy once cry once" is a pile of sh** when one needs to apply it to their binos, scope, spotter, range finder, rifle, tent, pack and a million other things in life not hunting related.

Most sensible people draw a line and upgrade as they go along if they decide to get more serious about the sport/hobby/whatever.