Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: just found this about wild bore

just found this about wild bore

https://www.facebook.com/WildPigResearch/photos
    looks promising for future pig hunts
    Last edited by butthead; 01-29-2021 at 09:07 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: just found this about wild bore

Wild boar are destructive, invasive, disease carrying vermin, to be exterminated, to the extent that is possible.
    This is the official position of Saskatchewan Environment and Resource Management.
    My opinion also.

Quote Originally Posted by butthead View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/WildPigResearch/photos
    looks promising for future pig hunts
    The only thing promising about this will be destruction of farmland, disease, and misplaced native species by invasive ones.
    This is something we do not want!

Despite what many others will say, and I'll probably get flamed for this, but I've seen a feral pig (in region 8!) run across the road in front of me and onto crown land. It was near a pig farm. They're already here.

I hunted Wild Boar in Saskatchewan this year. I was blown away how deep they root into the frozen ground. I would say at least 16" and it was amongst the poplar trees. Their tusks continue to grow as they wear them down and i can see why.

This pic is my Sons Boar cause his was bigger ..lol
    Also super tough. Complete pass through the lungs on Both our Pigs. They did not tip over until they bled out. I shot mine a second time then it finally laid now and peacefully expired..

My Hog.

best eating meat ive ever had

I've had it in Germany, it was ok. Doesn't compare favourably to elk or stone sheep imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    I hunted Wild Boar in Saskatchewan this year. I was blown away how deep they root into the frozen ground. I would say at least 16" and it was amongst the poplar trees. Their tusks continue to grow as they wear them down and i can see why.

This pic is my Sons Boar cause his was bigger ..lol
    Also super tough. Complete pass through the lungs on Both our Pigs. They did not tip over until they bled out. I shot mine a second time then it finally laid now and peacefully expired..

My Hog.
    I've thought of going to one of those high fence places in Alberta. Not actually hunting, but still interesting.

Was this a canned hunt, or are they running wild there?
    When in doubt, just pin it.

The so called "wild boars" in Canada are domestic pigs went feral.
    Whereas in Europe they been around probably more than a thousand years.
    Although they do some damage to farms once in a while, they seem to manage them fairly well.
    The best smoked suasage I ever had was made from wildboar and they are good to cook just about every way.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕