Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Inflatables with folding aluminum floor.......... thoughts

Re: Inflatables with folding aluminum floor.......... thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by grantk View Post
    This one is pretty good value. I bought one lightly used from a friend. It flies with a 15hp 2-stroke.
    I bet! It flies with a 9.9 as well. But if flying in its more about weight than speed.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    One of our costumers bought an AB Profile A15 put a Yamaha 50HP Jet on it and he is happy with how it handles.
    http://www.abinflatables.com/profess...ibs/profile-a/
    He's taken it on the Chilcotin River, Chilco Lake and a bunch of other places.
    AB also make shallow draft models with pretty heavy duty aluminum hulls that are suitable for rivers.
    http://www.abinflatables.com/profess...bs/profile-as/
    Some PVC boats are not too bad, but you have to maintain it well and keep it clean.
    AB makes some beauty boats but I can’t see how the A15 would work well with a outboard jet. The dead rise and hull design go against most of what I’ve learned about outboard jets. To also own any outboard jet without a jet tunnel is a recipe for disaster unless all you run in are deep rivers or lakes. I’ve had one and the first thing to hit is the pump followed quickly by being off step and high and dry. 35hp at the pump would be pretty anemic for a boat that heavy too. Nothing sticks to rocks better than aluminum so some bottom protection in the way of Teflon or puck-board would be in order or you take the chance of it being opened like a pop can miles from nowhere.

I have no doubt AB could build you anything you want but by then a guy is out of the cheap, light-weight and portable inflatable river boat market.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    AB makes some beauty boats but I can’t see how the A15 would work well with a outboard jet. The dead rise and hull design go against most of what I’ve learned about outboard jets. To also own any outboard jet without a jet tunnel is a recipe for disaster unless all you run in are deep rivers or lakes. I’ve had one and the first thing to hit is the pump followed quickly by being off step and high and dry. 35hp at the pump would be pretty anemic for a boat that heavy too. Nothing sticks to rocks better than aluminum so some bottom protection in the way of Teflon or puck-board would be in order or you take the chance of it being opened like a pop can miles from nowhere.

I have no doubt AB could build you anything you want but by then a guy is out of the cheap, light-weight and portable inflatable river boat market.
    Well it does work and the buyer is still happy, I think he bought it about 4 years ago.
    We had Galleon Marine install the engine, positioning is crucial.
    Here is a picture, by the way it was a 40HP, not 50 as I stated before.

WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

"Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Nice video and looks like certainly made use out of your boat. Why RIP though?

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Nice video and looks like certainly made use out of your boat. Why RIP though?
    Its a difficult story involving some commissioned fabrication work that didnt work out, I parted ways with the boat and am waiting on a Stryker RIb...
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA