Re: Inflatables with folding aluminum floor.......... thoughts

Good to hear. What boat is that?

22 years old and no patch.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Good to hear. What boat is that?
    Saturn Kaboat, XL470 Alaskan is the model. Great little hunting boat. I have the 6hp motor jacked up as high as it can go, and put a fin on it. In pea gravel or sand it will run in 8'' of water and pack a pretty good load.

Cool I was looking at the Saturns last year. How was Saturn like to deal with / buy from. How long have you had it? Any issues?

Had it 5 or 6 years now. Just a couple pinholes in it but more from my own carelessness. The bottom is 3 or 4 layer and can take a beating on the rocks.

Saturn is good to deal with, good customer service. Have heard the warranty is good, I voided my warranty though when I put the transom jack on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post

22 years old and no patch.

Tom
    Like I said it's the best out there, Japanese quality.
    Should be good for another 10 years.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Just to throw it out there, check out Solar boats from Russia. They're pretty cool.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

Good thread. I've had quite a bit of boating experience but next to nothing with inflatables.

Question- It seems even boats with inflatable floor if they're good quality have good puncture and abrasion protection on the bottom, how about the inside? ie how would they fair with a dog who's about like 70 pounds of dynamite at times
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by 2tins View Post
    Just to throw it out there, check out Solar boats from Russia. They're pretty cool.
    Solar boats are well built but a waste unless you plan on running a jet outboard in the river. If you plan on running a jet the Solar and Alaskan Jet Ranger are the only 2 worth having because they are the only 2 made specifically to run a jet with the built in jet tunnel. I’ve been in a couple and know of many more people who put a jet on the back of a flat bottom inflatable and they all cavitated like a mother... I don’t have any first hand experience with the Jet Ranger but I have a Solar 380 and have 2 buddy’s with the Solar 420’s and they don’t cavitate unless the pump is right out of the water.

Sounds like the OP is just planning on running a small outboard so there are a lot of choices out there with a snap-together aluminum floor that would work fine for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Good thread. I've had quite a bit of boating experience but next to nothing with inflatables.

Question- It seems even boats with inflatable floor if they're good quality have good puncture and abrasion protection on the bottom, how about the inside? ie how would they fair with a dog who's about like 70 pounds of dynamite at times
    I have the same concern, hopefully someone will answer.