Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inflatables with folding aluminum floor.......... thoughts

Re: Inflatables with folding aluminum floor.......... thoughts

Well after owning Zodiac ,Polaris .Achilles and a few cheeper of shore brand's had 10 ft to 17 ft ribs hear is my look at them . Pro :Can't beet the stability and safety nothing compares . Con: Anything made of fabric hates the Sun . Storage leave it inflated , taking it apart and together SUCKS! And added wear to the seams don't buy older units .As long as they last nothing lasts forever keep them 5 years and sell , best bang for your dollar hate to say but the Costco 12 ft version had 2 and never had a problem and sold and never lost a dollar .I am done with them next is a aluminum boat

Quote Originally Posted by tim3500 View Post
    Well after owning Zodiac ,Polaris .Achilles and a few cheeper of shore brand's had 10 ft to 17 ft ribs hear is my look at them . Pro :Can't beet the stability and safety nothing compares . Con: Anything made of fabric hates the Sun . Storage leave it inflated , taking it apart and together SUCKS! And added wear to the seams don't buy older units .As long as they last nothing lasts forever keep them 5 years and sell , best bang for your dollar hate to say but the Costco 12 ft version had 2 and never had a problem and sold and never lost a dollar .I am done with them next is a aluminum boat
    There is a remedy for sun/UV exposure called Polyguard, you apply once or twice a year and you are good.
    The oldest Achilles I had in for puncture repair was 35 years old and it was still in fairly good shape.
    Leaving inflated is a good idea if you have the space, it will make it last longer.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Rode in one with aluminum floor that you have to snap into sections. Even with two people it seemed like a lot of work to snap it together with mashed fingers and straining and jumping on it to get something to move an inch. Yes, even when partially inflated. But there was no denying it felt very stable once on the water sitting, standing, jumping in and out. If it were me and I had space - and I don't - I would leave it built until end of the season. We were second at the launch but felt like the tenth to actually pull out because of the effort it took putting it together. It was the floor that was the most work. Everything else besides getting the motor on the transom the electric pump took care of.
    There is a trick to put the floor boards in, much easier if you place the 2 oars under the bottom of the boat.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.

Hmm I bought a 2 year old ACHILLES used it for 5 years for fly in hunts..with 2hp motor perfect fly in boat..I did not know about Ottos. Liquid sunshade solution..I merely put a plastic tarp over in while inflated and not in use.
    Went to sell it my hunting partner bought it instantly..Loved Achilles quality..trusted my life on it.
    Wooden snap together floor, inflatable keel...think it was 8 foot 9 "
    Cheers
    Srupp

I use a 12-1/2’ Solar inflatable with the fully inflatable floor. I like it way better that the two other inflatables I had with aluminum floors. There is absolutely no issue standing up in it. Plus, roll it out and ten minutes later it’s inflated. There are tricks to getting a inflatable with the aluminum floor together but they are still a pita and the floors are pretty heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm I bought a 2 year old ACHILLES used it for 5 years for fly in hunts..with 2hp motor perfect fly in boat..I did not know about Ottos. Liquid sunshade solution..I merely put a plastic tarp over in while inflated and not in use.
    Went to sell it my hunting partner bought it instantly..Loved Achilles quality..trusted my life on it.
    Wooden snap together floor, inflatable keel...think it was 8 foot 9 "
    Cheers
    Srupp
    You should have kept it Steven.
    Was it the LEX 77 or 88?
    Mine is probably 20 years old, got it free from one of our customers and fixed it up.
    It will be good for a few years more I'm sure.
    I will try it out next summer on Canim, or Ruth Lake.
    By the way, if somebody got a 4-5 HP outboard for sale I would be interested.
    WLM

Flush the Turd!

Sectional floors are good but they are heavier and more difficult to assemble. I have a Saturn 330 w a high-pressure inflatable floor and use a Suzuki six horse with it.

Do any of these inflatables have dropstitch floors like you see now proliferating in inflatable kayaks and paddleboards? Is there any reason why that wouldn't work?

I would be interested to know this as well ? You see a few on the ocean .
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by st99 View Post
    How are they on big lakes with big waves?
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Do any of these inflatables have dropstitch floors like you see now proliferating in inflatable kayaks and paddleboards? Is there any reason why that wouldn't work?
    Yes, they are pretty common now. I have a 15ft x 48'' inflatable with the high pressure air deck floor, use 6 & 9hp outboards on it. Its rock solid, no issues with the prop ventilating. Have run lots of rivers and bounced it over 2ft waves and it doesn't flex.