Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mystery Ranch Selway

Re: Mystery Ranch Selway

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    I got a metcalf this year and did some 3 day trips and packed meat in it. Great pack! I would like to get the back strap that lets you pack meat out only. You could throw your day stuff in it in a bag and not have much more width than the frame and gear. Happy hunting with it Ron.
    ya, saw those. Great North Precision has some in stock

https://www.greatnorthprecision.com/...=1&custcol2=96

Put 100lbs or so of weight in it and go for a hike. Don't be shy about adjusting anything on it. I did this with my Metcalf on a nice frame and it works great for me, regularly throw 50lbs in on hikes and dog walking. Packed a good 100lbs of elk and gear out and it was good

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    In the second last pic, that little green bag is my rain cover.

no, haven't put anything on it yet. My concern with the RUST-OLEUM® NeverWet® Fabric Water Repelling Spray is the residual scent it may leave. Never used this product. Any input?

The Never wet has worked well for me ,contents inside have stayed dry .... it does have a strong odour when applied .... after a couple days it goes away .... I apply it every year ...the Scotch guard and 303 works good as well . I spend a bit of time in the wetness of blacktail land.
    If at all Scotch Guard it.

Hey Ron - thanks for the great review and pics. I'm excited to check out the selway and the sawtooth this weekend at great precision.