Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2021 Predator Thread

Re: Official 2021 Predator Thread

Thanks for your noble undertaking!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Wow, great work!

Right on!
    Renos are taking up every spare moment so haven’t been out.
    I still need to grab a new decoy for the Foxjack after it was destroyed by four yotes a few years ago.

Good luck to those venturing out!

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun. I wish our coyote hunting was a little better on the coast. That quite the exit wound on the coyote. How was the exits on the wolves?
    Not too bad on grey one, aggressive on the black one
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Hoping to hit the mountains on Sunday now that duck season is closed. Tags for all the cats and will shoot a dog if the opportunity presents itself. Good luck to everyone else

That black one looks real cool.
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

Made a poor shot in the morning and let it sit all day. Came back in the afternoon, threw the snowshoes on and pushed it HARD. After 1.5hrs of the thickest shit imaginable and blowdowns I finally started catching glimpses of it a mere 10-15'. This continued for half an hour before I was consistently seeing the back end. For about 30 seconds I had the gun shouldered running tree to tree before it turned to hiss. No scoped it at probably 8'. Not too happy this situation happened but was delighted to of caught up with it and end the suffering.

Only got one yote this year.

Tikka T3x in 223
    45gr Winchester cheapo rounds-if hitting decent bone they wont damage hides
    Foxpro Inferno with the decoy attachment-using snowshoe hair distress

awesome Kopper! Good on you for putting in that effort to finish that Lynx. Beautiful animal. I've heard good things about those 45gr Winchester JHP loads, if you're not reaching out real far they'll do the job well with minimal damage.

I've reloaded my 223 down to 1950 fps with a 50gr Hornady SP SX bullet for cat hunting. No luck on the couple attempts so far this winter, I'll be able to get out 6 more times before season closes here
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    awesome Kopper! Good on you for putting in that effort to finish that Lynx. Beautiful animal. I've heard good things about those 45gr Winchester JHP loads, if you're not reaching out real far they'll do the job well with minimal damage.

I've reloaded my 223 down to 1950 fps with a 50gr Hornady SP SX bullet for cat hunting. No luck on the couple attempts so far this winter, I'll be able to get out 6 more times before season closes here
    Thanks TB. That’s a super good idea if one reloaded. I’d opt for the 22 WMR or even the 22LR on Lynx if the slight chance of a wolf of cougar wasn’t present.