Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shed Hunting

Re: Shed Hunting

Please dont start chasing around the deer and elk too soon , they had a hard enuff winter dogging wolfs - coyotes and cougars etc.
    Way to many shedders posting pictures- videos already of them tramping right through there bedding grounds spooking them to who knows where .
    But as we all know ego's rule over what ever common sense they might have .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Please dont start chasing around the deer and elk too soon , they had a hard enuff winter dogging wolfs - coyotes and cougars etc.
    Way to many shedders posting pictures- videos already of them tramping right through there bedding grounds spooking them to who knows where .
    But as we all know ego's rule over what ever common sense they might have .
    I never went specifically shed hunting before and as I said I'll wait till next month or spring.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    I never went specifically shed hunting before and as I said I'll wait till next month or spring.
    Great time to go depending on your snow in your area . Be careful shed hunting is very addicting !!!! Enjoy , good luck and watch out for TICKS !!!!
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Wayne,
    It's great to hear from you again.
    I miss seeing your Videos.
    Let's see some Sheds!

Quote Originally Posted by waserwolf View Post
    Wayne,
    It's great to hear from you again.
    I miss seeing your Videos.
    Let's see some Sheds!
    It's not Wayne, see post #10 I was wondering what happened with him.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I wonder what happened to Wayne, haven't posted anything for a long time.
    I am thinking of finding some sheds in my area, as I have seen a dandy 5 point mulie with a couple neat drop tines.
    We still have a lot of snow, but hopefully next month will get to see the beginning of spring.
    Found the first fresh mulie shed this year on Dec 24th, well the dog did.

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

I wonder what happened to Wayne, haven't posted anything for a long time.
    He's around, just keeping a low profile

I just saw 2 cranker muley bucks still packing on the hill behind fitness west in Vernon......

I'm planning to check cameras in my whitetail spot end of April in region 8 and hoping to shed hunt a bit along the game trails between cameras. What are snow levels around then? The elevation is approximately 1400m. I only put my first ever cameras up starting this past July so I don't know what snow is like at that time. First buck on camera was day after putting cameras up and he was a big 5x5! Hoping he came back for the winter and drops/dropped his antlers in the area. He disappeared after Aug 11

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    I'm planning to check cameras in my whitetail spot end of April in region 8 and hoping to shed hunt a bit along the game trails between cameras. What are snow levels around then? The elevation is approximately 1400m. I only put my first ever cameras up starting this past July so I don't know what snow is like at that time. First buck on camera was day after putting cameras up and he was a big 5x5! Hoping he came back for the winter and drops/dropped his antlers in the area. He disappeared after Aug 11
    Unless it's directly South or Southwest facing, open sunny slope, end of April will most likely be too.early at that elevation..