Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving a hunters life

Saving a hunters life

I have spent many years in the back country hunting sheep and over the years I've become confident in my survival skills. And to that point I like to pass on one tip that may save your life or someone else's.
    Of course we all know that we should have basic survival skills when venturing into the back country how to treat a wound or deal with blood loss perhaps hypothermia and dehydration. My tip is that all hunters in the back country should know how to do CPR your hunting partner may have hypothermia or cardiac arrest or or trauma that stopped their heart knowing CPR may save their lives in fact it might be yours whose life is saved. Take a short course and learn it anyone can do it. As Note- the survival rate from cardiac arrest without medical intervention (defibrillator) is quite low but a few do survive .Administering CPR might be enough to save a life in the mountains
    Last edited by stoneramhunter; 01-26-2021 at 12:45 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Saving a hunters life

I'd add that a bunch of baby aspirin should be in everyone's pack too. Super light and it can be a game changer during a cardiac event.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I'd add that a bunch of baby aspirin should be in everyone's pack too. Super light and it can be a game changer during a cardiac event.
    Absolutely good idea they are in my pack as well.

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Aspirin 81mg is what is recommended.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Yes we should all be able to perform a few basic life survival skills,
    no matter what we are doing,
    more so deep in the bush,
    ya never know!

i corrected my thread I should have said cardiac arrest instead of heart attack and added the note that the survival rate is low but some have had survived with cpr intervention albeit low you have nothing to loose. In regards to hypothermic cardiac arrest CPR can and has been administered for 6 hours before heart started with no neurological damage. so yes definitely works for hypothermia

Thank you for starting this thread it is important people take the course it may save a life!
    I for one can attest to it working having had the heart attack being brought back followed by a 6 bypass surgery.
    Carry the 81 mg aspirin it may save your life or someone else's.

Benadryl too.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Great Thread !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

A great thread indeed srh! My contribution would be to suggest carrying an epi pen as well...The only issue that I've heard about is that you may have to have it prescribed by a doc before you can purchase one. I haven't researched to confirm yet.

'rifle
    Nearly all people can stand adversity, but if you want to test a person's character, give them power.