Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your budget is 1000$ plus tax, what scope are you buying for your rifle?

Re: Your budget is 1000$ plus tax, what scope are you buying for your rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I find it interesting that some folks choose a brand name as part of their HBC moniker. It would seem to suggest that they're very proud of their ownership of a particular item(s)- and possibly what they feel that ownership conveys about them to others.

It reminds me of the type of guy who buys a Harley, then shows up for work with Harley Davidson pencils.

A $400 scope should work well for most hunters.
    Your theory is rather amusing,,I'll give you that,,,and I dont necessarily disagree with the fact that a $400 scope will sufice, in ideal conditions, and if it was a Bushnell or a cheap Loopy,,but a Vortex,,thats where we part opinions,,lol,,,seen way to many fail in the field,,I carry an extra rifle in camp on every hunt, and I have had to loan it out to hunting buddies 3 times ,,all due to Vortex and their wonderful Chinese stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    I’d tend to agree. Vortex has never impressed me in any way. There are some very very nice pieces of glass out there in the world, but that said, I am perfectly happy with my mid level Nikons.
    Nikons are nice,,I have a higher end Nikon spotting scope,,it it goes nose to nose with my buddies Zeiss,,,I paid $1500, he paid $3200,,,,and even he cant tell the difference

Quote Originally Posted by .330 Dakota View Post
    Nikons are nice,,I have a higher end Nikon spotting scope,,it it goes nose to nose with my buddies Zeiss,,,I paid $1500, he paid $3200,,,,and even he cant tell the difference
    My son uses Monarch 5 binos. Quite good for the price.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Z5 is so much nicer than the z3 for a couple bucks more. I have a z3,5,6 and i8.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    My son uses Monarch 5 binos. Quite good for the price.
    yes, one of my sons friends uses those, they are very clear

I now buy all my optics at Precision Optics in Quesnel,,,best pricing Ive found in Canada, and the guys there are great

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...l-cds-windplex

Another member has this for sale now. Worth a look. Good scope and fits your budget.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by stogs View Post
    Z5 is so much nicer than the z3 for a couple bucks more. I have a z3,5,6 and i8.
    What do you find better about the z5?

Quote Originally Posted by stogs View Post
    Why do you say that? Is it because of the extra springs or whatever for a better zero? Just curious
    Member of CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by .330 Dakota View Post
    I now buy all my optics at Precision Optics in Quesnel,,,best pricing Ive found in Canada, and the guys there are great
    thanks you
    Member of CCFR