Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your budget is 1000$ plus tax, what scope are you buying for your rifle?

Your budget is 1000$ plus tax, what scope are you buying for your rifle?

Like the title says, what are you buying and why? I’m in the market shortly for a new scope for my tikka 7mm. Personally I am leaning towards the swaro z3.. next option would be a vortex in the same price range. I have other vortex and I like the optic.
    Member of CCFR

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Your budget is 1000$ plus tax, what scope are you buying for your rifle?

I've had 3 Z3 's - ALL So Very Clear and Light BUT i do not like there Reticles - its my EYE's ! jmo RJ

Swaro z3 nice and light.

Used/demo NF SHV? VX3?
    Just a conspiracy bro!

I would buy the used Z3 from Reliable Gun $795. Very tempted myself but not in the market.

https://www.reliablegun.com/en/used-...good-condition

Is it possible to save another $500 and open up a whole nother level. Ziess V4 for example?

If you are set on the $1000 price range I would take the Z3 you mentioned over a Vortex all day every day.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

If you are looking to buy new $1000–$1200 budget just barely gets you into that “mid range quality” class of optics, which there is nothing wrong with. If you are willing to buy used you can get into that next level of quality. Swarovski Z5, Zeiss Conquest V4, Leupold VX 5 are all great scopes in my opinion that you can find pre-owned for that price range.

Leupold HD5,,,no comparison with the VX3

Buy a viper 3×9 for $400, put the rest in a RRSP, never look back.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Thanks so far for the replies. 1000 is all I can do and with the scopes in this price range, I’d be more then happy. Was just curious if anyone would mention a different brand scope?

Side note island wanderer, I put away a lot each week already to rrsps
    Member of CCFR