Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Your budget is 1000$ plus tax, what scope are you buying for your rifle?

Re: Your budget is 1000$ plus tax, what scope are you buying for your rifle?

Vorx is definitely good value for the money.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

dont buy a vortex. in that range id go Leupold vx3. but you could also look for a used optics in that price range with will be better yet

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    you are correct. Pretty much have my mind set on the swaro z3... was just looking for different opinions and ideas I guess. I don’t want this thread to get derailed or what is the best scope... I will look more into leupoid scopes ( I haven’t really)

thanks to all that has replied so far. I was just looking to spend the same on a scope for what I paid for my new rifle.
    If you go the Swarovski Z3 route, be careful of the BRX reticle as its way to light and disappears easily in low light conditions, I would go with the BRH-Heavy or the Plex reticle,
    Very nice scopes with awesome glass otherwise, Im partial to the 3-10x42 or the 4-12x50

Others I would look at in the used department would be the Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40 30mm tube, Ive bought a cpl lately one VX3 for $600 and one VX3i for $900, great all round scope, especially if you intend to shoot out a little further.

If going new look at the new VX3 HD 3.5-10x40 ZL-CDS excellent all round hunting scope, only issue for me is as Ive gotten older my eyes prefer the 14X option when at the range.....but still excellent for hunting.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America