Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last hunts for ducks..., and season pics

Re: Last hunts for ducks..., and season pics

From what I have heard, we are allocated a certain number of days to hunt waterfowl each year (120?). Waterfowl Heritage Days eat up 2 as they count against the number of days. That’s why we lose the last weekend.
    There’s rumours Heritage Days are phasing out in favour of a different program so we may see duck season ending on sundays again in the future.
    Our split goose season is also affected by this, the Nov. shut always occurs when migrating geese come into our area. Wish the spring cull hunt wasn’t included in our allocation of days as I have lots of opportunities that can’t be capitalized on after the November closure...

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Why does the season end on a Friday? I got working at 5:00 am hoping I could jam in last afternoon by quitting at 11:00 and heading dow river to be set up by noon. Did not happen as of course I got buried. Shoulda just slept in. Why not just call it on a Sunday and everyone can have a last stab at it without watching the season trickle away during the work week?

Great pics!
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Re: Last hunts for ducks..., and season pics

Awesome pictures of some really healthy looking birds.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU