Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last hunts for ducks..., and season pics

Last hunts for ducks..., and season pics

Ducks closed yesterday, it certainly slowed down a lot the last few weeks out our way. We did get in a few good hunts and the weather made for some good pics!
    My buddy Chris was away working most of this season, he made it out for last day though and we dropped a few mallards and a nice Cotton-top.
    Darcy and I had a good day last week too. Buddy worked hard that day!
    Hope you all had a good season, we had our best season both in number of birds and quality of hunters I was able to include on my days out. I take a lot of new hunters from my club when possible and show them details that will help them be more successful as well as taking out volunteers from our Pitt Waterfowlers Wood Duck nestbox project ( http://pittwaterfowlers.ca ).

Last edited by Dano; 01-23-2021 at 12:46 PM.
    Buddi doing what she does best!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Last hunts for ducks...,

Some season pics from last week and earlier.

Last edited by Dano; 01-23-2021 at 12:45 PM.

nice pics,,,,,,,my count-down has already started till March 1st goose opener here in kamloops,,,,,,already goin through withdrawls,,,,,and waterfowl only been closed for exactly 1 month,,,lol
    Aim small,,miss small

Re: Last hunts for ducks..., and season pics

Wow. Great job Dano!

thanks for sharing some fantastic photo's this year

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Wow. Great job Dano!

thanks for sharing some fantastic photo's this year
    Yup! Love seeing photos from successful hunts. Let the withdrawal begin. Well, at least until Feb. 10th. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BriarPatch View Post
    Some good photos looks like you had a great season.

Was out yesterday saw a few ducks but no shots then a nice pair of Mallards right at the final bell.

Thousands of Canada's overhead and I mean thousands 70 % were easy shots some on the end of the barrel, Tyr my DD was looking at me like shoot what are you waiting for he was even pawing me. 18 days oops now 17 to geese.
    We saw tons, as well! Had one group decoy in not too badly which was rather surprising since we only duck decoys out and didn't turn off the Mojos. It was a good day for us and so far the pains of withdrawal aren't excruciating just yet. I found that going to the fridge for a bevvy on a frequent basis has helped to dull the pain.

Started the morning with a triple, my first of the season and I managed a two-fer on my next shot which I didn't even know about since I was looking at the bird I was shooting at and watching it fall but my buddy said I knocked down two. The other one went down quite aways away but his dog found it when he went to look for it.

Sako making her last duck retrieve for the season:

Every time I see your pics I keep wondering why I stopped shooting Kent. A couple seasons that's all I shot. Thinking maybe I give them another go.

Why does the season end on a Friday? I got working at 5:00 am hoping I could jam in one last afternoon by quitting at 11:00 and heading dow river to be set up by noon. Did not happen as of course I got buried. Shoulda just slept in. Why not just call it on a Sunday and everyone can have a last stab at it without watching the season trickle away during the work week?

Great pics!
    Last edited by Dano; 01-23-2021 at 11:17 PM.