Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 northern bc fly in hunt

2021 northern bc fly in hunt

Hey everyone! Looking for some insight on some good lakes in northern bc to fly into for moose and caribou! My dad and I are doing a 10 day trip at the end of august. There’s so many lakes to choose from it’s a little daunting, anyways any insight anyone can share would be great!

a couple of the lakes we are thinking of are “Gataga lakes” , “kluachesi lake”, or “netson lake”

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2021 northern bc fly in hunt

Quote Originally Posted by LoggerJustin View Post
    Hey everyone! Looking for some insight on some good lakes in northern bc to fly into for moose and caribou! My dad and I are doing a 10 day trip at the end of august. There’s so many lakes to choose from it’s a little daunting, anyways any insight anyone can share would be great!

a couple of the lakes we are thinking of are “Gataga lakes” , “kluachesi lake”, or “netson lake”
    Who you planning to use for a flight in-out ?

All decent spots but all very busy spots , you wont be alone . Big country be prepared to get into the back country away from the lakes to find game .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I see a NICE a camp nearby - Mayfield Lake Camp - i wonder whose Camp that is ? maybe Scoop Lake outfitters ? I bet boxhitch will know - RJ

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Don’t think I would choose Kluachesi for Caribou, but elk and moose yes.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

We are going to use Urs (Liard Air). We don’t mind using the shoelace express. In fact we like to and find it usually pays off! Also don’t mind going to more remote lakes to get away from the crowds.

Any recommendations for caribou? Also been reading that kluachesi can get really busy. Big country but want to run into dudes all over

I’ve been into the northern Gataga lk, feel free to pm if your interested in info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    I see a NICE a camp nearby - Mayfield Lake Camp - i wonder whose Camp that is ? maybe Scoop Lake outfitters ? I bet boxhitch will know - RJ
    Thats Wayne Sawchuck camp. He does trail rides that encompasses a wide swath of the back country hundreds of miles. Nothing to do with hunting.. you can trail ride a small segment or go multi weeks people are either picked up or dropped off at vaious points on the trip . Mayfeild lake is one of those spots. he was a keen supporter of helping get the park going . I ran into him with my pack horses off the chizka near margeson and on another occasion between the Gatho and tuchodil. he has an amazing photgragh book out as well of the muskwa kechika. you can check him out at his website google wayne sawchuck muskwa kechika. Hes a great guy

Quote Originally Posted by LoggerJustin View Post

chesterfield for moose. kluchesi will be a gong show plenty of hunters. plenty of moose around Mayfield lakes, moose at netson but most likley other hunters will be there. i hunted sheep to the south of netson. always saw moose on the hike in and looking down into the lake. suggest you bring a inflatable boat with you and if you have one a small outboard. best way to get onto moose on those lakes.

I'm hunting for ten days on Frog, October 1-10. Flying with Urs, looking for moose and maybe try for a Thinhorn if we get a moose early on. We will use the tin boats for moose, hunting the lake edge. Timber looks too thick for spot and stalk.

Curious if anyone else has hunted frog. Whether there are open areas? Urs mentioned a large burn area.
    Last edited by nelsonob1; 01-23-2021 at 06:06 PM.