Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 northern bc fly in hunt

Re: 2021 northern bc fly in hunt

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    chesterfield for moose. kluchesi will be a gong show plenty of hunters. plenty of moose around Mayfield lakes, moose at netson but most likley other hunters will be there. i hunted sheep to the south of netson. always saw moose on the hike in and looking down into the lake. suggest you bring a inflatable boat with you and if you have one a small outboard. best way to get onto moose on those lakes.
    Thanks for the info, I will do some research on those lakes. Yes we planned on taking a inflatable boat just for that reason. Are their cabins on chesterfield lake aswell? Would like to avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
    I'm hunting for ten days on Frog, October 1-10. Flying with Urs, looking for moose and maybe try for a Thinhorn if we get a moose early on. We will use the tin boats for moose, hunting the lake edge. Timber looks too thick for spot and stalk.

Curious if anyone else has hunted frog. Whether there are open areas? Urs mentioned a large burn area.
    ive been into the frog several times. good sheep area up past the cabin and to the north. there are lots of open areas and a few ponds either side to hunt. theres also horse trails on both sides the one on the north side few hundred yards in is good. is urs dropping you by the cabin ?. there are several burns i n the area. just as you come up frog on the north side is a small lake thats prety good. you may want to take a raft to get back and forth across the river. . moose are lazy will take the easy route follow the shore bank of the rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by LoggerJustin View Post
    Thanks for the info, I will do some research on those lakes. Yes we planned on taking a inflatable boat just for that reason. Are their cabins on chesterfield lake aswell? Would like to avoid them.
    ther are no cabins on chesterfield. big lake . most likley no one else will be there urst will drop some sheep hunters perhaps at fern lake which is east of chesterfiedl. you can see a lot of the lake from the shore line mid point of the north side glass across. fishing as well. Netson has great fishing as well. Ive been into Denihtia lake great fishing but hardly saw moose there. august being warm they would be up higher where its cooler and more wind get relief from the bugs.

I'm hunting for ten days on Frog, October 1-10. Flying with Urs, looking for moose and maybe try for a Thinhorn if we get a moose early on. We will use the tin boats for moose, hunting the lake edge. Timber looks too thick for spot and stalk.

Curious if anyone else has hunted frog. Whether there are open areas? Urs mentioned a large burn area.
    weather can get quite interesting in that area in october. great for moving the moose around .

ther are no cabins on chesterfield. big lake . most likley no one else will be there urst will drop some sheep hunters perhaps at fern lake which is east of chesterfiedl. you can see a lot of the lake from the shore line mid point of the north side glass across. fishing as well. Netson has great fishing as well. Ive been into Denihtia lake great fishing but hardly saw moose there. august being warm they would be up higher where its cooler and more wind get relief from the bugs.
    Great, we have a canvas wall tent and don’t want to be near cabins. Thanks for the awesome info and tips, when was the last time you’ve been to chesterfield lake?

not familar where urs is dropping hunters guessing frog lake? im not not sure where he lands on the frog river. The frog gets pounded pretty hard in sept by jet boaters hunting moose and elk. there are new regulations re moose as welll i believe for the areas including partial closures for a week or two in parts.

Quote Originally Posted by LoggerJustin View Post
    Great, we have a canvas wall tent and don’t want to be near cabins. Thanks for the awesome info and tips, when was the last time you’ve been to chesterfield lake?
    6 years ago was the last time. i would discuss with urs hes familiar with chesterfield area. netson has cabins and i think its liklfey there will be hunters there . the cabins belong to urs you can check with him. i

ive been into the frog several times. good sheep area up past the cabin and to the north. there are lots of open areas and a few ponds either side to hunt. theres also horse trails on both sides the one on the north side few hundred yards in is good. is urs dropping you by the cabin ?. there are several burns i n the area. just as you come up frog on the north side is a small lake thats prety good. you may want to take a raft to get back and forth across the river. . moose are lazy will take the easy route follow the shore bank of the rivers.
    Urs is dropping us at the cabin which we rented for the hunt. He has a couple of boats so will try as you suggested, drifting down the river. Got my teenage sons so need to hunt close to the lake.

Thx for the Intel on the horse trail. That will make for a fun hike in.

I sent you a PM
    have a read, PM me back

Arrow Re: 2021 northern bc fly in hunt

weather can get quite interesting in that area in october. great for moving the moose around .

October? Nope, no way for me.
    Been in there in August & September, couple times late into September and was getting quite nervous that the rapidly cooling weather, and subsequent drop of the river flows might trap our sleds up there.

Best of Luck, going to be an interesting tale come out of that one NelsonBob!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me