Thread: Warn Drill Winch question

Warn Drill Winch question

Just bought a Warn Drill Winch. Has anyone had experience with one of these? How long does an average drill battery last when using. Now that I'm in my 70's and my partner is in his 80's we're looking for ways to make hunting a bit easier. No more 3 mile hikes through swamps with moose quarters on our backs - in fact it's hard enough to load a quarter into the back of my SXS now or lift it to hang it on a meat pole. I'm thinking that the 13 lb weight of the winch with a 750 pull weight will help me this year. Has anyone use one? Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Warn Drill Winch question

my hunting buddy got that model last fall, it worked well to hang moose quarters with battery still running strong

there is an increasing trend with guys using drills with ice augers, m18 and dewalt 20v seem to be the popular choices, with the 5.0ah battery I'm reading 20-40 holes depending on ice thickness, I seem to remember reading approx 500" of ice thickness on a battery.....upgrading to the larger capacity batts would definitely be worth it
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote..there is an increasing trend with guys using drills with ice augers, m18 and dewalt 20v seem to be the popular choices, with the 5.0ah battery I'm reading 20-40 holes depending on ice thickness, I seem to remember reading approx 500" of ice thickness on a battery.....upgrading to the larger capacity batts would definitely be worth it[/QUOTE]

We have used electric drills many times on augers to drill holes for ice fishing. I can't believe how fast and efficient they are.....Incredible....

I have a Milwaukee drill with the large M18 battery. I was thinking about using the Impact Driver but the ratcheting motion of the drill may not be good for the winch mechanism.

Never ever thought that when I head to woods I need to grab my gun and my drill.