Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insoles in Boots

Insoles in Boots

My current boots fit great and are really comfortable, but walking 20+ km in anything is going to leave your feet feeling it a little. I'm wondering if anyone uses some form of gel insole (or other design) in their boots? I'd never considered it before, but don't see why it couldn't be helpful with reducing some foot soreness at the end of the day.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Insoles in Boots

Don't wait go and buy a good quality set of insoles . You will be amazed the different at the end of the day . I use Sof Sole Airr Orthotic think I got them from Mark's .
    You can thank me later .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I have a pair of Superfeet in every pair of boots and most of my shoes. They fit my feet well enough that I've never needed to buy expensive orthotics.

They are firm, similar to the footbed on a Birkenstock sandal. My feet love 'em.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I use SofSole Perform Athlete, which are a gel insole. I have replaced all of the insoles in my shoes and boots with these. They make a huge difference, and are around $25 a pair. As well as Mark's, you can get them at SportChek or Atmosphere. I tried Superfeet which are a great insole but they do not work for me as I can't have a firm/high arch support.

Dr Scholls GEL Soles - work for me ! RJ

These look good ! https://www.sportchek.ca/product/sof...D=330882845_99
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 01-22-2021 at 06:02 PM.

I've used various brands, but always had insoles since 2010. Happy workers have happy feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Go to Michal's and buy a sheet of cork, the thinner stuff. Cut out your insole and insert. What i find is the cork doesn't seem to make the feet sweat like the purchased insoles.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I have 2 custom pair from Kintec. Not cheap at $440/pair, but unbelievably comfortable. (And rebuildable for $65/pair)
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Thanks all for the recommendations. Seems like such a no brainer now, I can't believe I had it in my head that nobody does this.
    Will certainly shop around.

I think on a hard multi day hunt you should have 2 pairs and alternate them every other day to let one dry while you are using the other pair.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕