View Poll Results: Is it safe to wear chest waders with a belt in a boat?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • PVC chest waders OK

0 0%
  • Neoprene waders are OK

11 25.58%
  • PVC & Neoprene waders are OK

11 25.58%
  • Take the waders off after launching boat

8 18.60%
  • No waders in boat

15 34.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it safe to wear chest waders in a boat?

Re: Is it safe to wear chest waders in a boat?

I used to snorkel the Campbell River with neoprene waders and a belt in conjunction with a old school padded life vest. It floated me just fine. Not as good as a full wet suit but I didn't have a fully wet suit and I was a lot tougher back them.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    I used to snorkel the Campbell River with neoprene waders and a belt in conjunction with a old school padded life vest. It floated me just fine. Not as good as a full wet suit but I didn't have a fully wet suit and I was a lot tougher back them.
    Please pardon my ignorance, but why would you snorkel Campbell River?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Remember the 1 10 1 rule, hypothermia cannot happen in minutes. Rule number one is why most people die in cold water.

1 - One minute to gain control of your breathing
    If you have warning that you may be going into the water, be prepared! Cover your nose and mouth and go in as slowly as possible keeping your head above water. Calm yourself, control your breathing, and then prepare for potential meaningful movement for self-rescue.

10 - You may have 10 minutes of meaningful movement to perpetuate self-rescue.
    Without exhausting your self and your body temperature, determine the best manner in which to self-rescue. Get back in or on top of your watercraft If you have not yet gotten into a life jacket do so as quickly as possible. You must keep your airway open.

1 - You may have 1 hour before becoming hypothermic and losing consciousness.
    Cause of death from hypothermia is not loss of consciousness it is the heart stopping. Body temperature can drop another 3-5 degrees after you become unconscious before the heart stops. (An important reason to wear the life jacket) With nothing to keep your head above water, should you become incapacitated, you will drown.

https://nationalwatersafetycongress....cot.org/1-10-1
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

if you cant wear waders in a boat then everyone with a belly boat or fishcat might get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Please pardon my ignorance, but why would you snorkel Campbell River?
    Snorkelling when the river is chalked full of spawning fish is actually a pretty cool experience. People came from all over the world to do it. There used to be more than 1 tour company providing the service back 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Snorkelling when the river is chalked full of spawning fish is actually a pretty cool experience. People came from all over the world to do it. There used to be more than 1 tour company providing the service back 30 years ago.
    Thanks.

I never knew that was popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

I wouldn't be sticking my face/mouth in the water when the spawners started dying though, snorkel or not.
    Your account has been banned permanently. Reason: Your account has been blocked due to comments that could be construed as hate speech. For more information, please visit: http://cbc.ca/submissions.

You're swimming in dead bodies, eggs and fish cum. Mmmmm yes quite the experience.

What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger. I guess we now know who on here voted for Trudeau...

I bet your wives don’t get much face time either...lol!
    Last edited by fuzzybiscuit; 01-21-2021 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    You're swimming in dead bodies, eggs and fish cum. Mmmmm yes quite the experience.
    Some people swim in shallow lakes. ewww.

During winter I always wear my chest waders in the boat, BUT, always with a pfd.