Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TIP 2 and 3 HUNTING TIPS IN GRIZZLY COUNTRY

Re: TIP 2 and 3 HUNTING TIPS IN GRIZZLY COUNTRY

Should you even look through the scope if a bear is 20ft from you charging full on?

Quote Originally Posted by Kos View Post
    Should you even look through the scope if a bear is 20ft from you charging full on?
    YES! you want to hit it!

I thought tip #2 was common sense. Wonder what these guys with a minimum 6x scope do
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    YES! you want to hit it!
    I don’t know there’s a reason they are called brown lightning they can cover that 20ft within seconds so I personally would not look through my scope, most important thing is to take a knee and be in level with the bear a number of times guys get chewed up because they are standing and shoot over the bears back because they are so damn fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kos View Post
    I don’t know there’s a reason they are called brown lightning they can cover that 20ft within seconds so I personally would not look through my scope, most important thing is to take a knee and be in level with the bear a number of times guys get chewed up because they are standing and shoot over the bears back because they are so damn fast.
    Get the rifle up first and if you cant see thru the scope then barrel aim at the bear. with all due respect and someone who has had a lot of experience up close and personal with grizzly I would never drop to my knee. I want to be as agile as possible if i need to move left or right that is impossible on your knee. likely a second shot in the frenzy might be putting your next shot into the bear from the hip a few feet away . But thats just my opinion

What's the opinion on the rifle actions for a grizz situation? I figure that a bolt or pump is pretty slow. This leaves leaver, semi and a double barrel configuration. I'd love to justify a bespoke 500 NE double barrel for bear protection when fly fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingfisher View Post
    What's the opinion on the rifle actions for a grizz situation? I figure that a bolt or pump is pretty slow. This leaves leaver, semi and a double barrel configuration. I'd love to justify a bespoke 500 NE double barrel for bear protection when fly fishing!
    Mostly hunt sheep and usually in grizz country . my rifle is a husquavana 7mm mag bolt action micmillin stock douglas barrel 3x9 swarvoski scope . im comfortable wiith it in grizz country but obviously heavier caliber or shotgun with slugs will be more effective depending on the abilities of the shooter under extreme duress.

I would think a trusty revolver in a large caliber would come in handy , but..... not legal here !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

A shotgun with 00 buck and slug rotation is a legal option that's hard to beat for a gun strictly for bear protection.

Quote Originally Posted by 3than View Post
    A shotgun with 00 buck and slug rotation is a legal option that's hard to beat for a gun strictly for bear protection.
    My go to while bow hunting !!