Thread: Sitka, First Lite, Kiui, etc - fit for women?

Sitka, First Lite, Kiui, etc - fit for women?

Trying to minimize the "return hassle" due to bad fit and am hoping for some feedback from the female crowd here. My better half happens to be a bit wider in the hips and butt area. As such, finding good outdoors clothing is a wee bit tricky at times. Want to get her a new pair of hunting and rain pants, and am hoping to get some feedback on the fit of the various "female versions" of the various gear brands. I guess sitka we can try on for fit at places like Cabelas, but the rest......

Thanks for any feedback

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sitka, First Lite, Kiui, etc - fit for women?

My biggest complaint with Kuiu is their sizing seems random. It might be improving, but my superdown jacket (which isn't that super) is a XXL and as tight as a base layer but my Yukon raingear is an XL and it fits over the top of my superdown easily.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Sitka makes Womens fit stuff. My wife has The "Downpour"

They all do.... lots of them are mostly for the "fitter" types out there....

My wife wears "She" and Cabela's brands. Good for warmth but harder to find good waterproof clothing for her. Talked with a lady hunter this year that was wearing kuiu gear and asked how she liked it and where she got it. Her response was she had to buy men's sizes. My wife has also bought men's middle layers to find something better. The quality products are difficult to find for women for sure.

My gal tried the lady versions in Sitka, but still just sticks to the men sizes due to better fit, sounds like she has kinda the same build as your other half.

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    They all do.... lots of them are mostly for the "fitter" types out there....
    must be new to Kuiu, I dont remember seeing ladies stuff there when we bought my wifes stuff last year.
    Kuiu has 2 fits "Athletic" and "outer layer fit" if its outer its bigger... I am a Large in Yukon ( outer ) and an XL in the Guide ( Athletic )

that's Kuius big flaw is fit and sizing. You can go try on Sitka.

I know most of this wont really help you, but honestly I think for your wife stay away from Kuiu. only because it might turn out to be a PIA. Ladies like to try shit on, I would take her to a place with Sitka, its really good stuff. Then go from there.

Yes I have had problems in the past getting hunting clothing. Either the legs are way to long. Or everything fits so dam tight. She just needs to go out shopping with a friend and try things on. Well that is if some stores will let her try things on.
    Now when I go hunting I wear a camo hunting jacket and camo hat. And black like loose stretchy pants that are so comfortable. Better then wearing camo pants.
    I like my hunting jackets to have lots of pockets to put all my crap.
    I have underarmour cloths and she girl I think it is called.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.