Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How far from home?

Re: How far from home?

I have to find good spots around my new neighbourhood, there is lot's of mulies and black bears.
    But a lot of land is private, so some scouting is in order.
    A friend I got to know I have been talking with about going on a Northern BC hunt for stone sheep.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I live outside of kamloops and I quite often hunt or fish on my way into town to get groceries. Most spots are within 30 minutes but I can start hunting within 5 minutes for most game.

Live in Lac La Hache,,hunted lots in Dease Lake,,a bit in Toad River,,and now sniffin around the East Koots

On a day hunt drive any where for an 45 min. to 11/2 hours. Moose hunt last on was 4200k round trip. Last year Muley trip was 1650k
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

Live in White Rock.

After the first few years of exploring and learning

as much as possible, I found some great places

3-4 hrs east. Between Kamloops and the border.

Starting my seventh year hunting...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by DannyO View Post
    Where do you live and how far do you typically drive to hunt?

im sure a lot of us are in the lower mainland and driving all over the province to hunt, but I’m curious how far the guys who live in other areas are traveling to hunt. Are the guys from Kelowna only traveling 30minutes on average?

I live in Port Coquitlam and generally drive 2-5 hours one way to hunt various locations

im on the mainland, all my hunting has been done within a 1 hour radius of my house with the exception of my leg moose and that was 3.5 hours from home.

lucky to live where I do, can walk out the door and fill bear, white tail and mule deer tags easily and there are loads of grouse ducks and geese as well..

Moved to Grand forks so under 60 km at the longest

I drove across the province from west to east for an elk hunt and south to (almost) the northern border for a moose hunt this year. Deer hunts were about 3-5 hours away.

I don't mind driving and I like to see this great province. That, and I'm really unlucky at LEH so I need to find GOS.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

All over the province. We have such a great variety in species might as well take advantage of it.

Have hunted all over central/southern BC, Mostly just to see different country. Most success has been 20min to an hour