Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How far from home?

How far from home?

Where do you live and how far do you typically drive to hunt?

im sure a lot of us are in the lower mainland and driving all over the province to hunt, but I’m curious how far the guys who live in other areas are traveling to hunt. Are the guys from Kelowna only traveling 30minutes on average?

I live in Port Coquitlam and generally drive 2-5 hours one way to hunt various locations

2. Site Sponsor

Re: How far from home?

I’ll drive 12-15 hours and take a ferry to go on a 10 day hunt. I really try not to go on day trips, because I hate driving. I’d rather get the driving out of the way so I can focus on hunting when I get there. So typically at least an hour driving from my house before I’m hunting.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Christina Lake, my whitetail spot is 4km from my house and Mulie and Elk spot is about 10 to 15 km away. So not a long drive to hunt

Aldergrove - no longer than about 4 hrs.
    1 spot is a bit further but dont go there often (once per year)

most of my hunting spots are 15 min - 2 hours away for shorter hunts. Any time where I have 2-3 weeks I will go 11 hours no problem. I think exploring and seeing new country, chasing diff types of game is half the experience.

PG

Does out the back door count? .. got WT, mulies, elk, bear and turkey galavanting around out there. However I do sometimes feel the need to drive 1000km in search of black tails. When it's serious freezer filling season I hunt the mountain behind the house ... I know where they sleep and where they like to party!

Quote Originally Posted by exv View Post
    Does out the back door count? .. got WT, mulies, elk, bear and turkey galavanting around out there. However I do sometimes feel the need to drive 1000km in search of black tails. When it's serious freezer filling season I hunt the mountain behind the house ... I know where they sleep and where they like to party!
    I guess it’s best to know your home ground, easy to scout year round. It’s just too fun to wander all over the province. More efficient/economical to hunt your known local spots for sure. I drove 6 hours last year to hunt elk for 9 days. I got skunked. Came home and was on elk everyday, my “big” hunt will be local this year. Scouting pays off huge.

2 min to 20 hours or more.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Our annual trip to northern BC is about 15 hr and 1250 km.
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"

5 mins-25 hours