Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stump lake ice

Re: Stump lake ice

Hey did you get up to bridge? How the ice there? Is it worth the drive from the lower mainland?

Quote Originally Posted by tim.l View Post
    Hey did you get up to bridge? How the ice there? Is it worth the drive from the lower mainland?
    As of the 8-10th it certainly wasn’t. If the last week has been really cold you may be in luck but be careful!
    there was people in the coves where I’m assuming the wind block allowed more ice to form but the deep spots we couldn’t safely access

Bridge lake has 8'' of solid clear ice, was -21 last night up there. Fishing was slow but they were there for koks lakers and burbs.

Got plans for a trip up to bridge lake for family day weekend. Will stay in the area and fish for 2 days. I'll hopefully be targeting mostly koks but a chance at a burb or a laker would be fun. Any advice would be great. Pretty new to ice fishing but I have all the gear including electronics. Thanks in advance.

I hear stump has adequate ice for getting out there. Taking the family tomorrow for a day trip. Looking forward to it and hopefully we can get some fish in the colloquial "boat".

Quote Originally Posted by tim.l View Post
    I hear stump has adequate ice for getting out there. Taking the family tomorrow for a day trip. Looking forward to it and hopefully we can get some fish in the colloquial "boat".

we will be out there Sunday to check it out, I know for sure there is ample ice at alleyne and lots of people are limiting on the Kokanee so that’s where we are heading Saturday just to be sure !

So went out today. Decided on alleyne because that's what the kids voted on. About 12 inches of ice. 8 inches being nice and clear and 4 on top cloudy.
    We managed 1 fishing in about 5 hours of fishing. Seemed pretty normal as most people seemed to be having a slow day.