Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stump lake ice

Stump lake ice

Hoping to go up to stump lake to ice fish for some kokanee coming this weekend? Is the ice safe? Worth the drive from the lower mainland or is there still not enough ice?
    Or if anyone knows a lake that would hold kokanee and be fishable?
    Thanks in advance

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Stump lake ice

Not a chance it has safe ice, I know some guys had their boa tout there for koks recently. Monte and paul are almost all open water, close to 10 degrees, blue sky and a bit of wind yesterday, same thing today. I know a few of the lakes on the fishing highway are barely frozen but Im heading up there this week to check out bridge lake.

Hmmm... thanks. Weather looks like it's going to be taking a dip here in the near future. Maybe by the following weekend. The three lakes you mentioned have been the ones I've been hoping on getting out to.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    Not a chance it has safe ice, I know some guys had their boa tout there for koks recently. Monte and paul are almost all open water, close to 10 degrees, blue sky and a bit of wind yesterday, same thing today. I know a few of the lakes on the fishing highway are barely frozen but Im heading up there this week to check out bridge lake.
    I recently wasted my time going to the fishing highway. Open water on some lakes trash ice on others. Only Sheridan was fishable and there were snow mobiles everywhere.. I wouldn’t be overly optimistic but if you’re close it’s worth the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by tim.l View Post
    Hmmm... thanks. Weather looks like it's going to be taking a dip here in the near future. Maybe by the following weekend. The three lakes you mentioned have been the ones I've been hoping on getting out to.
    you’ll be lucky if stump freezes this year.. it’s always one of the last as is, and not starting until almost February ? Good luck. It’s a shame.

Better read the regs for stump

The cold snap should take care of them but it will still be pretty thin ice since there is nothing to build on currently. I live outside of loops so not too bad to get to any of the lakes, always a god excuse togo to lone butte sporting good. Latest report was stump had a bit of shore ice on the south end but it was windy in loops today, paul had a skiff across but the next day was 5c and windy, same as monte. Heard through a friend that bridge has ok ice, 4-6" out to kokanee hole so Ill give it a go on wednesday and see.

Quote Originally Posted by scottym View Post
    Better read the regs for stump
    are you referring to the close area near stump creek?

Ya I'm thinking maybe bridge might be the better bet. Keep me posted on what the ice is like.

There was a couple guys fishing the south end of the lake the other day when I drove by. The north east end was open water though