Thread: Bear Ribs

Bear Ribs

Has anyone tried this? If so do you have tips? Of you actually did it, did you separate baby backs from short ribs or did you cook all at once?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear Ribs

I had my butcher cut all short ribs, boiled them for 1/2 hr. put them in zip lock bag with some marinade I came up with left in fridge over night put on bbq next day and thy were delicious.

Thanks! Just curious, what did you do to the baby backs? pick apart for grind? Any reason you left behind?

i honestly can't remember it was 8 or so yrs. ago, and up till then I never kept the ribs.So that time I Wanted to try them so told the butcher to cut them.I also had him make bear jerky and that was like candy.

First I remove all the bone chips. I slow cook mine in a rich smokey BBQ sauce. Then 30 minutes in the oven at 350 to dry them a bit. Do yourself a favor and buy the slow cooker liner. Makes clean up a snap.

Last edited by tigrr; 01-18-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"