Thread: Subsonic/Quiet 22wmr ammunition?

Subsonic/Quiet 22wmr ammunition?

Does anyone have experience with quiet 22wmr ammo? I know winchester makes some but that's all I've been able to find. Wondering if anyone knows of any other options or has any input or experience using them
    Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Subsonic/Quiet 22wmr ammunition?

Never seen subsonic 22wmr ammo, lots of good 22wmr ammo these days tho, some really has some pop to it. When I need subsonic or quiet ammo I just use 22lr cci quiet and my 2wmr little badger doesnt care.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    Never seen subsonic 22wmr ammo, lots of good 22wmr ammo these days tho, some really has some pop to it. When I need subsonic or quiet ammo I just use 22lr cci quiet and my 2wmr little badger doesnt care.
    I was under the impression that 22wmr were slightly larger in diameter than 22lr aren't they? Seems like a good way to split casings and end up with a glass eye or something lol

They are different size but never had a problem with cases or any backpressure, There is so little energy in a subsonic 22. Dont worry, just tell your gun some guy on the internet told you its ok.