Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Few from the Past

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

A Few from the Past

Karen and I were doing a spring cleaning......yeh and its only January......going through some boxes in the basement and I found a few old hunting pictures.......no laughing you guys/gals !

The first animal I ever shot hunting was a Bull Moose near Chase, BC, we were deer hunting and I was walking back to the truck on this old skidder trail through a slash and this young bull come trotting around a corner almost run me over,

I don't know who was more startled me or him, once I regained my composure I gave him one with the Parker and Hale .308.......he kept walking like he wasn't even hit, then about 30 yards from me he beds down, one more behind the ear and he was napping for good.
    Good thing he was close as my scope was so foggy I could hardly see through it !

Sorry about the terrible picture but we never usually took pictures back then, just happened my buddy had a camera along.

An area 3 Buck

Area 8 Buck, gotta love those one piece long John suits ! best part is you could cut the sleeves off if you forgot toilet paper !!!

Racks on packs !
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 01-16-2021 at 03:29 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A Few from the Past

My first bull elk, a 5 pt on the Sukunka River, one shot from my Remington 700 Classic 7mm Weatherby 160gr Nos partition and he folded up, the fun part was we gutted him and loaded him in a canoe and rode it down river to the boat launch......yeehaw that was fun with about 2 inches of freeboard left on the canoe !

Another area 8 buck, shot him on a steep hill, had a hell of a time back packing him out through the downed trees on the old camp trails back pack.......

Another area 8 buck and another horrible pack out in that tangle of dead trees, oh how I wish I had a Mystery Ranch back then, using the old camp trails pack it never even had a chest strap......

I shot this deer with a brand new Winchester 70 Featherweight 30-06 push feed, I actually shot two bucks with this rifle that year and was lining up on a third in area 3 what would have been the biggest buck I had shot to date when it mis fired, not once but twice as I watched a 30 inch buck trot away.....so that rifle got sold fast as I wouldn't hunt with it anymore....of course it was probably the shitty Winchester silver tip ammo and not the rifle !

Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 01-16-2021 at 11:29 AM.

one of our better trips........

Heres a picture of my buddy Darren's gal Angie and me on opening day, she was a trooper, on this trip she tore the ligaments in her ankle on the way in and could hardly walk, but she toughed it out and we came away with 3 bucks on this trip also, these two bucks walked out together at 10 am in the morning.......

Darren and I with the same bucks

Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 01-17-2021 at 03:50 AM.

A Little Blacktail love, I shot this deer behind Stave Lake, he had an antler snapped off and was with 7 doe's, longest shot Ive made on a deer 420 yards with a 7mm, bullet dropped and broke both his front legs, he didn't go far !
    Gotta love the 64 SD Beaumont hunting rig, nothing like a 283, 4 Spd and a 12 bolt with 373 post to haul the deer home.....they have a huge trunk !

another area 8 buck, when you need a grouse for dinner and your in prime Mule Deer area.....rocks are much quieter

Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 01-16-2021 at 02:35 AM.

​Very nice Don! Thanks for sharing.

Excellent photos Don,I still have that old camo pattern in a fleece outfit somewhere in the bowels of the basement,
    BCWF
    WSSOBC-Life Member