Thread: 332-e goat hunt

332-e goat hunt

hi there, i got lucky and drew the goat tag for 332-e...so far i only hunted deer in the past around marshall lake...guess I am judging whether I can actually physically do it, i am 53 and not in the greatest shape unfortunately...would someone with knowledge of the area be able to pm me what my best options are without killing myself on gruelling hikes? Some of the things I wondering for example...is it safe to leave my 2022 tacoma sitting at jewel trailhead for couple of days, or will it be stripped when I come back...or can I drive the slim creek FSR further up the mountain? should I try fly into Trigger lake and start hiking from there? cheers...and bear me I am new to goat hunting...it does seem like a opportunity of a life time but at the same same I realize I should have started planning sooner.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 332-e goat hunt

Truck will be fine.
    Rule # 1 No talking about undies. yours or anyone elses.

Re: 332-e goat hunt

I didn't have an issue leaving a truck and base camp unattended at Jewel Bridge. Slim Creek goes pretty far into some decent country. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't glass some goats from your truck on the drive up.
    WSSBC
    CCFR