Thread: Ryot’s 2022 season.

Ryot’s 2022 season.

Well, I complained about the lack of hunting discussions on here.. so I may as well hold myself to it, I am going to steal B-Rads idea and try to keep this as updated as I can through my season, I’m going to include the fishing as well to maybe motivate more people to hit the shores!

I’ve picked up a spotting scope, and a phone skope so I should be able to include lots of pictures of any sheep we hopefully see or any other animal that finds itself on the other end of my glass.

Saturday August 13th,
    Spent a few hours glassing for sheep on the shores of Kamloops lake with a member on here, testing his spotters to see if I preferred straight or curved.. curved it is!
    thanks again..

no sheep were spotted in my zone on this outing, but there are plenty of vantage points we should be able to utilize to pick apart the adjacent shore and hopefully find an old ram. Boat ready and waiting to get across the lake and hopefully make life a bit easier since the zone is closed to motor vehicles.

im hoping to start near daily scouting next week and will hopefully have lots of pictures of animals.

Friday August 19th;

First foray into salmon for the year, knowing it was probably a little early yet we left home at 315AM and set off for Pritchard to fish off the bridge, we used a couple different colours
    of last years roe, but not even so much as a nibble.. let’s hope this heat wave ends so the fish can find some relief !

have some family visiting this week, but hope to get at least a couple fresh chinook for fresh table fare for the guests !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ryot’s 2022 season.

Another outing for salmon this morning.

arrived at the river at 4:55, and was in the water the minute it was legal, fished for four hours with a couple different roe cures and not even a nibble, none of the boats I spoke to got any either..

going to give it until Sunday or Monday and get back out there and hopefully get the first fish of the season before going to look for some sheep..

have spotted a big bear hanging around the same spot multiple times now.. still carrying a bear tag that may get out to use on opening day if I can find him… top up the year supply of burgers.