Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2020 Mule Deer Hunting

Re: 2020 Mule Deer Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    The Blue/grey one that I shot the deer with is a 280 Ackley, built by Gary Flach, Defiance Anti Action, 23 inch #1 contour Fluted 1-9 twist Benchmark barrel, Wildcat CF Ultralight Stock with palm swell and high comb added, Triggertech Trigger, Alloy bottom metal, Talleys and VX3 4.5-14x40 30mm cds scope 6lbs 4oz scoped,

The second one beige in colour is a 6.5 PRC also built by Gary Flach, Kimber Montana 8400 (wsm donor rifle) 23 inch #1 contour fluted Benchmark 1-8 twist barrel, Montana Stock has had a palm swell added to it, Talleys and Zeiss V4 4-16x44 scope.

uumm thanks? I was expecting a few words and not this very detailed descriptions. Much apprecaited. The .280AI has caught my eye as of late. A very quick search shows that the there are not many mainstream manufacturers creating this calibre. What would you estimate a setup like your would run?

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Vini View Post
    uumm thanks? I was expecting a few words and not this very detailed descriptions. Much apprecaited. The .280AI has caught my eye as of late. A very quick search shows that the there are not many mainstream manufacturers creating this calibre. What would you estimate a setup like your would run?
    Your welcome, Lots of rifle companies chamber rifles in this cartridge, Savage, Kimber, Weatherby, Fierce, Cooper, you have Hornady, Nosler and Federal making factory ammo, now Peterson making excellent brass.

IIRC $4500.00 used scope included for the total build including labour
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Your welcome, Lots of rifle companies chamber rifles in this cartridge, Savage, Kimber, Weatherby, Fierce, Cooper, you have Hornady, Nosler and Federal making factory ammo, now Peterson making excellent brass.

IIRC $4500.00 used scope included for the total build including labour

Hmmm That might be bit steep for my budget but may give a look at some of the other manufacturers. As I said, I did take a brief look so may have missed them.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Vini View Post
    Hmmm That might be bit steep for my budget but may give a look at some of the other manufacturers. As I said, I did take a brief look so may have missed them.
    From what I’m seeing the factory offered 6.5 PRC rifles have been extremely accurate.

Sauer, Howa, Bergara are some other factory rifles
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Good stuff, thanks...and Congrats.