Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crispi boots

Crispi boots

Does anyone have any reviews/opinions on these boots? I am in need of new boots for hunting, both non insulated and insulated

thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Crispi boots

Great boots super nice fit ,decent water proofing , they remind me of the good old Meindel Canada's going back 25-30 years ago .Only issues I've had with my Hunter GTX is that the soles are very soft rubber and wear out very quickly compare to my older Menidels and the rubber rand comes unglued but that's a very common problem on most boots .
    Last edited by 358mag; 01-16-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

I don’t have a detailed review based on many miles in the mountains, except to say that in late Nov I bought two pairs of Crispi Guide GTX, one insulated and one non. I have been wearing them alternately most days and love them. They have an unreal following of avid hunters, that much I do know. I got a smoking deal from Great North Precision.....buy 1, get 50% off second pair....Black Friday week!!!
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

I just bought a pair of cripsi Nevada gtx about 3 weeks ago and tried them on a 2 hour hike and I have to say best boots I have ever worn hands down so far. So comfy and minimal break in time. I have worn Meindl, Danner, and Salomon and those are all greats boots don’t get me wrong I would recommend those boots to anyone. But so far Crispi in my opinion are really great boots. Hanwags ive heard are also great boots my hunting partner swears by them and I’d take his word

I own a pair of the briksdal non insulated and a pair of wild rock gtx plus. Both required no break in time. I wore my briksdal on a goat hunt right out of the box. The briksdal are a really stiff boot which give amazing support in technical terrain. The wild rock gtx plus worked great for my Dec mule deer hunt. Not as stiff as the briksdal but definitely has great support. I would recommend either of these boots for sure.

I picked up the Nevada GTX insulated for the first time and wore them from September - November and I didn't even have to break them in. No blisters, my feet were warm with some darn tough socks in -20 weather. Very comfortable and waterproof. Definitely worth the money.

I have 3 seasons on my Guide NI GTX, they've been pretty good and are holding up well.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

My Scarpa sheep hunting boots failed on me a week before sheep season last year. I read and watched a bunch of Crispi boot reviews and decided to head out and buy a pair since they have amazing reviews by all. I needed boots that wouldn’t kill my feet with no break in so I was being more cautious than normal. I tried all the Crispi models and had settled on one and thought I should test some other boots just to make sure I get it right. Tried a bunch more Lowa, Hanwag, Scarpa, Mendle in different models and found the Crispi was a better feel that what I tried on. Then I tried the Hanwag Tatra top wide and it was immediately the best boot I have ever put on my foot. Fit, comfort and roll was perfect for my foot and the Crispi that I wanted to work didn’t compare. I put a lot of miles on last season with boots that I loved putting on every day. Not saying that Hanwag is better more pointing out that trying a lot of boots and finding the right fit is more important than brand....as long as the boot is a quality brand with the attributes you are looking for in a hunting boot.

I own a pair of summit GTX, they've been great. Solid, comfortable, good grip, lightweight, and until recently 100% waterproof. As somone with wide-ish feet who appreciates a generous toe box in a boot these tick all the boxes. I've had them 2 years and have a lot of miles and hours on them, but last week the right heel started leaking real bad. Gonna warranty them through goretex, but every goretex lined boot ive ever owned has failed at some point, never had one last as long as these without leaking.

Bump ... so where does one find these? Anywhere in the LM to see them in person and try on for size?