Thread: August Caribou

August Caribou

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on a decent non-fly in location for an August caribou hunt. Not looking for a B&C bull necessarily, I am more of a meat hunter (though a nice rack is a beautiful thing!) I don't mind walking far to get in, and working hard to get out of a hunting spot, and have 7-10 days.
    Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: August Caribou

In behind pink mountain . You can drive in on the husky road to he west just before you go down the hill to sikini river I would say about 20 k there’s a gas well to park at . There’s a road thT heads back towards the flats to the south partway back you head for the high flats Seen plenty of caribou back there. Use to take my horses back thru there on my way to Marion lake ect. If you want I could send you private message with coordinates

Thanks stoneramhunter! I pm'd you.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    In behind pink mountain . You can drive in on the husky road to he west just before you go down the hill to sikini river I would say about 20 k there’s a gas well to park at . There’s a road thT heads back towards the flats to the south partway back you head for the high flats Seen plenty of caribou back there. Use to take my horses back thru there on my way to Marion lake ect. If you want I could send you private message with coordinates
    Did you stay at the cabins on Marion? That’s quite the muskeg valley getting in there.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Did you stay at the cabins on Marion? That’s quite the muskeg valley getting in there.
    Stayed at cabin many times. Not bad to get there if you stay on east side of valley. Gets soft both sides of granger creek for a short distance . From there west is not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    As well you don’t have t go to Marion lake . where I’m talking about is well east before Marion lake. I’m guessing about 1/2 way from gas plant to Marion lake.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    Stayed at cabin many times. Not bad to get there if you stay on east side of valley. Gets soft both sides of granger creek for a short distance . From there west is not bad at all.
    Beautiful country back there.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Not sure about the area that stoneramhunter mentioned, but there was an area around Pink Mountain that was changed to an LEH last year. Make sure you check before making plans.