Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leica rifle scopes - new line

Leica rifle scopes - new line

Who owns a Leica scope?
    I have always drooled over the "fancy" stuff, but never could convince myself to spend the money! Waiting for my VX-3i to sh** the bed so i can upgrade

Looks like Leica has come out with a new line - Amplus 6 (Looks like it's meant to compete with Zeiss V4/V6).

1-6 x 24
    2.5-15 x 50
    2.5-15 x 56
    3-18 x 44

https://us.leica-camera.com/Sport-Op...mplus-6/Models

Leica website does not mention the 3-18x44, but eurooptic (usa site) shows it available for pre-order? https://www.eurooptic.com/Leica-Ampl...ope-50211.aspx

Anyone have any info for the Canadian Market or even heard of the new line up?
    This one has capped turrets - but other pics show open turrets like Zeiss V4
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 01-11-2021 at 09:29 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: Leica rifle scopes - new line

I would be all over that 3-18x44, like you said very much like the Zeiss V4 4-16x44,

I’ve used Leica binos/spotters for a long time and always very happy with them, They also have a 5-30x56 I would like to try on my Carl Gustaf 6CM target rifle.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

As you know i use the ER 2.5-10x42 with the ballistic reticle. I dug up the old receipt and paid $1427.00 taxes in in 2012. If I remember correctly Leica got out of scopes for awhile and got back in with these. I have 2 go to rifles and I am trying to find one used for my other gun. Have missed a couple but I'll keep looking. The glass is great and treated so that water beads off real nice but it is the adjustments that I like and have me looking for another one. I wanted the ballistic reticle for simplicity and am very happy with it. Precision Optics carries them and I got mine from Italian Sporting Goods on sale. Those new ones look nice and not liking a big bell I'd be looking at the 3-18 x44 also. Damn now you got me thinking. Mine has not been babied at all and have had no issues even with some falls.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Hmmm, that 3-18x44 would look nice on my 300 win mag that's soon to be coming home from it's semi custom face lift/re-barrel!! moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Who owns a Leica scope?
    I have always drooled over the "fancy" stuff, but never could convince myself to spend the money! Waiting for my VX-3i to sh** the bed so i can upgrade

Looks like Leica has come out with a new line - Amplus 6 (Looks like it's meant to compete with Zeiss V4/V6).

1-6 x 24
    2.5-15 x 50
    2.5-15 x 56
    3-18 x 44

https://us.leica-camera.com/Sport-Op...mplus-6/Models

Leica website does not mention the 3-18x44, but eurooptic (usa site) shows it available for pre-order? https://www.eurooptic.com/Leica-Ampl...ope-50211.aspx

Anyone have any info for the Canadian Market or even heard of the new line up?
    This one has capped turrets - but other pics show open turrets like Zeiss V4
    Take a peek through a Leupold HD5,,,I just picked up my first one,,way nicer than my VX3i scopes

Yes, Leupold VX5HD is a great line. Leica is just something .... different.

I don't know the prices for canadian market, but i'm guessing it will be more expensive than the Zeiss V4 or Leupold VX5 HD.

Another vote for the 3-18, I like 42 or 44. I am not really into the 50 or 56mm for hunting. Wonder how it stacks up to the 3.5-18 Z5?

Quote Originally Posted by RambleOn View Post
    Another vote for the 3-18, I like 42 or 44. I am not really into the 50 or 56mm for hunting. Wonder how it stacks up to the 3.5-18 Z5?
    does anyone actually own a 56mm for hunting??
    They are popular in Europe, but people in Europe hunt out of tree stands and don't really go bush wacking or backpacking so the extra size isn't a drawback for them. If anything, it's a plus to impress the boys at the club house with.

i don't know anyone here that hunts with an objective bigger than 50mm.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Yes, Leupold VX5HD is a great line. Leica is just something .... different.

I don't know the prices for canadian market, but i'm guessing it will be more expensive than the Zeiss V4 or Leupold VX5 HD.
    the Leica will be twice as much as the Zeiss in CDN dollars for sure
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    the Leica will be twice as much as the Zeiss in CDN dollars for sure
    Apparently made in Germany, so likely at least as much as the V6 in price, rather than the V4.

Bit misleading with the USA site and price I posted above ... guess we Will see.