Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Durston tents

Re: Durston tents

Are they going to be back on Amazon for same price?

I’ve been on the list for a while but chose to buy a Mountain Hardware Aspect 3 to be ready for this years sheep hunt. I sure do like the simplicity of the Durston tents though. Gear is getting tough to find with this whole covid crap.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Yeah gear is getting tough to find with covid. The lead times in the outdoor industry are huge right now (e.g. instead of 6 months for a factory built production run it can be 16 months).

Drop has a new batch of the X-Mid 1P and 2P that arrived with them recently. Selling those is their business, so I'm not sure of their exact plans but I expect to see them for sale any day now. Usually that is on Drop.com first and maybe Amazon a couple weeks later. But with only 1000 tents of each they might sell out too fast for them to send any to Amazon, so it's hard to say. Once these sell out, we won't have more until September.

Snooze ya loose I guess lol

Hi Dan, I ordered one in February via Amazon but it still hasn’t arrived. Does that mean I’m out of luck? That would really suck.

Looks like the seek outside selix, you can run a small stove with that one

"I ordered one in February via Amazon but it still hasn’t arrived"

Did you order the 1P from Amazon.ca? It should be there in a few days. What does your tracking info say?

EDIT: Oh perhaps this was a pre-order for the 2P. The 2P was out of stock then but perhaps was available on pre-order with I think a mid-March estimated date. That stock just arrived last week, so it is likely en route to Amazon Canada now who will ship it to you.
    Last edited by dandurston; 03-17-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Looks like the seek outside selix, you can run a small stove with that one
    Yeah the Silex has similarities for sure. After the X-Mid came out, Seek Outside was familiar with it (they pre-ordered one) and then designed the Silex. IMO, it infringes on the patent for the X-Mid so I've asked them to stop, but they haven't responded. Would be nice if they respected my patent.

The X-Mid has a lot of advantages anyway though. You can run a stove with it too, it's no-sag polyester (vs nylon), it doesn't have poles blocking the doorways, much easier to close the doors because it's a not a super long reach, lighter, has vents to reduce condensation, higher build quality (e.g. fully double sewn, no raw fabric edges), more affordable, etc.

Amazon just cancelled my order too! Uggg. I ordered it Feb8th and it was scheduled for delivery March 16. And now it says the order is cancelled. So frustrating. Not your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by dandurston View Post
    "I ordered one in February via Amazon but it still hasn’t arrived"

Did you order the 1P from Amazon.ca? It should be there in a few days. What does your tracking info say?

EDIT: Oh perhaps this was a pre-order for the 2P. The 2P was out of stock then but perhaps was available on pre-order with I think a mid-March estimated date. That stock just arrived last week, so it is likely en route to Amazon Canada now who will ship it to you.

Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure why Amazon Canada kept taking orders for a few days after they sold out in late March. We are trying to get more stock to them (it's complicated) but they haven't requested any (which you think they would if they have orders to fill). I'm not sure how Amazon runs things, but hopefully it is back on there soon as an in stock item. Drop is hoping they request some soon so they can send some of their last 200 to them, but if they don't they'll probably sell it on Amazon USA. I think they are at least going to enable shipping to Canada from Amazon USA.