Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Durston tents

Re: Durston tents

Great looking tents. Thanks for taking the time to intro your gear. Speaks volumes about your approach.

love that these are local! any plans for something like the kifaru sawtooth? in particular the ability to have a wood stove.

Hi Dan,

Do the tents on Amazon come with the 4 new tent pegs and updated cordage? I've been researching and reviewing comments on your tents and I'm sold! They look amazing.

Yes the ones on Amazon are the latest version. My distributor (Drop) sell them on their own website (Drop.com) and on Amazon where both are normally the update to date version. We got everything switched over to the new pegs and wider cord a few months ago.

The X-Mid on Amazon.ca is the lowest cost for Canadian's because that avoids a bill at your door for handling fees ($10) and tariffs (18%) on top of sales tax.

"any plans for something like the Kifaru Sawtooth? In particular the ability to have a wood stove?"
    I've put a wood stove in the X-Mid 1P in conjunction with a one-off bathtub floor instead of the inner. You can see pictures of that here:
    https://drop.com/buy/drop-dan-dursto...t/talk/2524199

I don't have any plans to offer that though because we have pretty high minimum orders at the factory (a few hundred tents) and currently I don't think there's enough interest to do a run like that....And I'm just super busy with other projects as I roll out more of a complete product line. Might be something I can do in a couple years. I'll keep it in mind.

I’d be very very interested as well if I could get a wood stove option. I’m sure there would be a lot more as well, anything to support a local guy!

Thanks for the answer Dan. Just ordered one! Cheers

Hey Dan, let us know when more 2P versions are available,

There's more arriving this week. I expect they'll be back on Drop.com around the end of the week or early next week. But the best price for Canadian's is Amazon.ca as it saves about $50 via lower tariffs and handling fees. I expect my partner Drop will send more to Amazon.ca so we'll see them there in perhaps 3 weeks, but I'm not certain Drop is in charge of selling the tents and they're getting so much interest that they might just sell them through their own website as they would sell out there pretty fast.

You can click "request" on Drop.com to get a notice:
    https://drop.com/buy/drop-x-mid-2-pe...by-dan-durston

Or sign up to my notification list here:
    https://durstongear.com/product/x-mid-2p

Holy smokes. I put requests in on Dan’s site and on the Drop site where 2800 others have as well. Hoping to pick one up for 2021 sheep hunt but might be a challenge. Must be the same COVID phenomenon that had bike shops dealing with unprecedented sales and scrambling to find bikes to meet demand. Maybe for my later season alpine mule deer adventure? Dan - sent you a PM about possibly checking out your tent. I’ll be up your way in a few weeks.

Those 2800 requests on Drop are partly from previous times, since Drop only resets it once in a while. 1700 were from the previous time it was sold out (a few months ago), and now it has added another 1100 in the past few weeks, plus another 500 or so on my site. So roughly 1600 people requesting to be notified over the past few weeks and growing by about 50 per day. Those interesting in getting an email notice when Drop opens orders can click "request" here:
    https://drop.com/buy/drop-x-mid-2-pe...y-dan-durston/

The next batch is arriving in a few days. I'm not sure of Drop's exact timing for opening orders but the ship with the tent landed at the port today so they should have the tents in the next few days. Next week looks likely for reopening orders. They only have 1000 of the X-Mid 2P in this upcoming batch, which will sell out pretty fast but not a panic. I think we'll sell a few hundred on the first day and sell out that 1000 over a few weeks or a month. So no panic there, but you don't want to miss this batch if you want one for summer 2021 because we won't have any more until fall (September). It certainly is a challenge to meet demand with how the popularity of these tents was already growing so fast and then covid increased interest.