Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Durston tents

Re: Durston tents

Drop is out too as far as I can see or I’d order through them. I’ll keep refreshing Amazon. If there is another way, let me know. Thanks so much Dan.

Drop has decided to only sell them on Amazon now to simplify all the logistics/warehousing/shipping etc. The 1P is in stock now but the 2P is mostly sold out. They sold 800 of 1000 of the 2P last week and will release the final 200 soon (likely in a week or two). That'll probably sell out within a few hours, so best to be on the 2P notification list at the bottom of this page if you want a heads up:
    https://durstongear.com/product/x-mid-2p

They're trying to get some 2P to Amazon Canada, but if not, hopefully enabling shipping to Canada from Amazon USA. Worst case scenario, you can use a re-shipping company like MyUS.com where you ship it free from Amazon USA to them, and then pay them to ship it up.

Quote Originally Posted by dandurston View Post
    Drop has decided to only sell them on Amazon now to simplify all the logistics/warehousing/shipping etc. The 1P is in stock now but the 2P is mostly sold out. They sold 800 of 1000 of the 2P last week and will release the final 200 soon (likely in a week or two). That'll probably sell out within a few hours, so best to be on the 2P notification list at the bottom of this page if you want a heads up:
    https://durstongear.com/product/x-mid-2p

They're trying to get some 2P to Amazon Canada, but if not, hopefully enabling shipping to Canada from Amazon USA. Worst case scenario, you can use a re-shipping company like MyUS.com where you ship it free from Amazon USA to them, and then pay them to ship it up.
    Dan are you looking for a Canadian distributer? I'm on the list at Amazon but with the interest it seems like a Canadian Distributer would put more people in your tents, plus I'm supporting local and not Amazon. Probably a lot more to it than I understand.

The tents were originally developed as a partnership between myself and an American company ("Drop") where I do the design and testing, and they handle sales/logistics/customer support etc. So for the time being they're the only ones who can sell it. They prefer to use Amazon for the warehousing/shipping part of things because it's faster and more efficient than running their own warehouse. They have them on Amazon USA (that does ship to Canada) and usually on Amazon Canada (the 1P is on there now). Amazon does make a few %, but most of the purchase is supporting myself and Drop.

In a few years when our agreement is up I'll probably sell them myself from here in BC. I'm dipping a toe into that now with some accessories on DurstonGear.com currently like groundsheets that are shipping from my home in Golden, BC. I'm planning some bigger stuff for 2022 and steadily taking on more from there.

Cool tents. I’m in the market for a solo shelter. I will have to look into this one more. I’d prefer a larger tent for a stove anyways. Price seems good. I was not aware SO ripped off your idea.
    Last edited by RackStar; 03-19-2021 at 11:12 AM.

Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone has purchased the 2p tent.

For me it'd be for August sheep hunts and Sept/Oct elk in the west koots.

I have an x-mid 2p solid from this summers production run. I used it one a short backpack trip in early september and it worked great in the windy alpine conditions. Really nice light tent!

I just ordered one. Took a long time and still have to wait until April to get it. From my research, I can find a better and lighter 2p tent. I’ll post a review up once I try it out.
    Your asking in the wrong place. This is the tinfoil hat capital of the internet

I'm in between the 2p solid and the pro 2.
    The weight of the pro 2 is appealing, but there is the condensation.
    The 2p is wider , heavier, but more durable.

Feels like I could go with the 2p solid and bring a down bag, vs. the having the lightweight pro 2 and maybe having to bring a heavier synthetic bag.

Any comments from the experienced sheep hunters on the amount of condensation you actually get during august sheep hunts? Is it that big of a concern for august hunts?