Thread: Ice fishing pop up shelter

Ice fishing pop up shelter

I'm thinking of getting one, 4 man or so in size. Anyone want to weigh in on good brands or bad ones to steer clear of?
    Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ice fishing pop up shelter

If you want to actually fish 4 people comfortably get a bigger hut than a 4 man, a 4 is better as a 2. I think clam and otter are the best brands, eskimo is more available in BC and they are pretty good as well. Costco actually has a decent affordable hut usually. Most situations you dont need an insulated one unless you plan on spending some serious time in the cold but a mr buddy heater takes care of that as well. I have a clam x600, its a mansion, I love it but its way overkill for most peoples needs.

Mine, it is suppose to fit 6 people but does 2 comfortably for rainbow fishing. Perch you might fit 4 people. Bought at walmart website after winter sale.

Last edited by tigrr; 01-11-2021 at 05:34 PM.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I think mine is Eskimo. It's whatever Costco sells. They were on sale and I got a 4 man. It's awesome!

Family of 5 and I really want to get the kids into this. Being able to stick them in a shelter with the mr buddy is the goal, so big is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    If you want to actually fish 4 people comfortably get a bigger hut than a 4 man, a 4 is better as a 2. I think clam and otter are the best brands, eskimo is more available in BC and they are pretty good as well. Costco actually has a decent affordable hut usually. Most situations you dont need an insulated one unless you plan on spending some serious time in the cold but a mr buddy heater takes care of that as well. I have a clam x600, its a mansion, I love it but its way overkill for most peoples needs.

How do you find it's holding out after 6 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Mine, it is suppose to fit 6 people but does 2 comfortably for rainbow fishing. Perch you might fit 4 people. Bought at walmart website after winter sale.

If you want to fish a family of five regularly you need to go big. Having enough space inside does a lot of good, between keeping lines apart under the ice to having space to walk around inside the hut and not be falling in holes. Big huts are hard to find out west here, I literally fedexed mine from ontario.....If you have any questions you can send me a PM, Im an ice fishing guide, its literally my job to take families of five ice fishing.