Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can G bears climb trees?

Re: Can G bears climb trees?

Quote Originally Posted by whognu View Post
    warren:

I was making a joke; nothing more

certainly not calling you out for your bear identification........

chris
    It's all good. I thought it was funny as well.

To the op’s question; they can all climb trees, but black bear are more suited to, grizzly cubs as well, just grizzly adults have a tougher time. Either way, they can all move extremely quick with the agility of a rabbit. I’ve watched them shoot up a tree, cross rapids, rip logs apart, roll huge boulders on slopes and run like Usain Bolt.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Its a good thing bears are scared of people or we would be in trouble!

I am an arborist and climb trees like the one in that video for a living....I don't think I could move that fast up or down a tree even on my best day lol

Wonder if she is looking for seasonal employment...

Grizzly bears can climb trees they avoid climbing trees at most times but if they want to get up a tree they can specially if if there is game animals hanging on a meat pole..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    That is a black bear
    Fully agree. It's light brown but the head shape & no prominent shoulder hump are a giveaway.

There is no way an adult grizz could climb up and down a tree that fast.

Here's a recent example of an adult grizz climbing ability.

A black bear successfully escapes up a tree from a running grizz in Glacier National Park.
    Grizz is much larger & a poor tree climber.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/black...222636048.html

video-
    https://www.facebook.com/GlacierNPS/...30788798631770
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Hmm IMO it is a brown phased black bear.not one characteristic of it being a grizzly.
    In the 1970 Era near Big White Kelowna..Mr.Henry May was chased up a pretty damn tall tree by a grizzly bear.there was a pretty amazing photo of the bear way up the tree being kicked I the snout by Mr.May's boots.
    What was even more amazing is the bear climbed the tree it did not go up the tree by using the branches Henry did..just scooted up the tree..it was in Kelowna Courier paper.
    This bear gave us lots of angles and plenty of views..black bear.
    Seen blacks climb trees same speed as this bugger.
    Bears are fast..seen bears bust through thick undergrowth as if was flat open ground..in Kwatna Bay.
    Srupp

All bears can climb trees. Black bears have to or they get eaten. Grizzlies do because they are young and about to get eaten or old and pissed off and want to eat you. They all run faster than you think they can up hill or down hill. They are all scary when when they are in your face but grizzlies are more Freddy Kruger than black bears. Personally, I prefer encounters with Koala bears stoned on eucalyptus. That’s all I got from 20+ years in the bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonmaster View Post
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsOHodN8Qmy4gbR0...IbhZw?e=rfQzct

Looks like a grizzly. Grizzly or not, the speed and agility is unbelievable.
    Not only do they look like black bears, It's on youtube being presented as black bears. They're black bears.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU