Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sheep hunting sleeping bags

Re: Sheep hunting sleeping bags

I could try ordering from the states but have no idea what shipping delays would be like right now.
    there shouldn’t be any duty on WM bags as they are made in the states, so just the regular cash grabs.
    I guess if I can’t find anything local I’ll try stateside

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    Huge fan of the Marmot Elite Trestles bags, have multiple different rated bags for different trips.

Would be making my decision on how heavy of a bag I want weather forecast dependent from those line of bags.
    I have a couple of these as well and no issues. I’m 6’5” with wide shoulders and their large mummy fits me, but it rolls when I do.

I should add that Atmosphere does a “friends and family sale” at the beginning of the year which you get 25% off their pricing.
    Last edited by Ride Red; 03-15-2021 at 06:47 PM.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Valandre Bloody Mary but I want to get a quilt this year.

im using a mountain hardware ghost whisperer down bag.

The only advice I will give is .....Get the warmest you can ..The weather can be from +25C to Snow 8-12 inches ..Better to have to unzip than not be warm enough ...Sleep is your best friend on a sheep hunt ..Being cold and its miserable...Helped friends that went in to Stone Mtn and struggled to get out at the start of the season ..Really heavy snow and they were hypothermic ...They thought they were fine with summer bags ..I wont mention brands of bags but a few ounces more of weight in a sleeping bag is worth its weight ...Trust me ..I have flown in to many places on a sheep hunt and never had a cold night ...Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    The only advice I will give is .....Get the warmest you can ..The weather can be from +25C to Snow 8-12 inches ..Better to have to unzip than not be warm enough ...Sleep is your best friend on a sheep hunt ..Being cold and its miserable...Helped friends that went in to Stone Mtn and struggled to get out at the start of the season ..Really heavy snow and they were hypothermic ...They thought they were fine with summer bags ..I wont mention brands of bags but a few ounces more of weight in a sleeping bag is worth its weight ...Trust me ..I have flown in to many places on a sheep hunt and never had a cold night ...Dennis
    I totally agree with this advice. Weather changes can be insane during Aug sheep hunts.